Hooray for Back To School!
These cute kids were sure excited for their first day back. You would have thought it was Christmas morning!
Scarlett started a new pre-school this year that is much closer to our house! Her teachers are Ms Suzanne and Ms Karen. She was excited to show her teachers her pink shoes. Don't worry, I made sure they were on the right feet when we got to her school!
Deacon had his first day at Hidden Oak Elementary. His teacher is Miss Buie. She is very cute, very young, and VERY southern. It's going to be interesting to see if her very thick accent rubs off on Deacon. I know that when I talk to her, I sometimes throw in a drawl, just because you can't help it!
I was feeling down about him having to dress according to a code....(plain polo, plain shorts or pants, and on Friday "Spirit Day" you can either wear a school shirt or a Gator shirt)....but he looked so handsome!
Notice I had to park Lucia in an out-of-the-way place while we got Deacon settled.
He found his seat, with his name-tag and a coloring page and was ready to go.
No tears.
He's going to have a great time and I certainly hope he has a great year!!
***UPDATE***
2:53 pm EST
Upon asking Deacon how his day was, I was having a hard time getting any specifics out of him. So I asked "Ok, what was the BEST part of your first day?"
and he said:
"The best part was that 2 girls tickled my tummy!"
(Hahahaha!)
1 comment:
First day of school for us was yesterday :(. I miss them! But I start today so I'm sure that will keep me busy. Those pictures are darling and those kids are darling.
I hated uniforms. Hated. But then I got used to them and they were really okay after all. Hang in there and keep those girls away from that handsome boy! Love you guys.
Post a Comment