Monday, February 7, 2011

P.A.R.T.Y.

The day after Deacon's birthday we had a party for him. We actually had a joint party for him and Scarlett because I never got around to getting a party ready for her (dang busy December!). This actually worked out really well. We invited kids from both of their classes and at one point had 31 kids at our tiny house.

We decided to get a Bounce House and ended up with an inflatable as big as our own house. But it was seriously so dang fun.

I was a ball of anxiety on Saturday morning. The weather didn't seem to be cooperating and I was afraid we were going to have a humid Florida downpour. Luckily, we didn't. That kindly waited until after the party. Yay!

So excited! I was so amazed at how quick it was to fully inflate. Craziness!





I couldn't wait until all the guests were gone so that I could pop inside and have a go!

And a day for Scarlett just isn't complete without wearing her beloved Bumblebee costume. *Sigh*

There just HAS to be some sort of photo contest that I can enter this little gem into!
Haha...I look so freaking awesome. But seriously, the slide really was steep, so I was skeered.



Brian's turn included lots of "Hey! Watch me dunk this!" or "Hey! Watch me clear this!"

We all had such a fun day and I'm pretty sure that all the little kids did too. Deacon and Scarlett are still recouperating. They are still exhausted!!

4 comments:

Shana said...

Your new posts made my day, maybe my whole week! Glad you all had a wonderful day! Love you guys, Shana (family in Utah!)

Lindsey said...

I think I know what picture made your day, or maybe your week. Hell, if we can't laugh at ourselves than what can we laugh at?

Shana said...

Hahaha. Okay, the one of you was super awesome but truly, all of them made my week. Really the one I loved the most was the one of you three holding hands and jumping. Just reminded me of good times with my kids :).

We can do hard things! said...

So many fun posts! Sorry I haven't been by for a while! I would have also been "skeered" to go down the slide. Do you know the big long slide at the carnival...the one with the potato sacks? A couple of years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to go down with Shay. I got to the top and thought I might throw up. And then we started going down...I may or may not have pee'd a little! I was terrified! Not a good idea...haha! I can't believe how big the kiddos are! Especially little Lulu! Time goes too fast!