Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Training

So, let me just preface this post by saying that, no, we are not obsessed with baseball in this family. Yes, we love it. And given that Deacon is going to be playing soon we just want him to be prepared! So we have been practicing quite a bit and trying to teach him the "basics".

Over the past weekend we went and bought him some gear. He got a new bat, glove, some balls and some batting gloves, and a t-ball stand.






Scarlett was not to be left out. She got one of the batting gloves and really liked hitting
the ball off the Tee.


Deacon went to his first practice and got his new uniform! He was so excited!! He is the youngest and smallest on the team of 4-6 year olds, but he is sure to learn a lot from the older boys.

To help him learn the field positions, I made this totally awesome field and even drew some "baseball dudes" for him to put in the correct places. He loves it!




9 comments:

Brimley Girl said...

I'm overwhelmed with the cuteness!! First, Deacon looks so great and really intense about hitting the ball. Second, Brian is such a great Dad, helping him train. Third, Scarlett's hair is adorable and she looks like a little girl, how did that happen? Fourth, your baseball dudes and diamond are super clever! You are a great Mom!!! I can see your new fridge in the background too!! Have a blast this weekend. Love you!!!

Shana said...

Honestly, could you have cuter kids? They are darling and I think you could market those baseball guys! They are darling! Love you guys, Shana

Kate said...

Oh my. Nothing wrong with being obsessed when the results are so cute! Those teeny batting gloves kill me. And the baseball dudes! I'm going to have to copy that for Carter before he starts. If only I could draw ... that might be a problem. ;)

SKH said...

How cute! I love the enthusiasm. You have such beautiful kids. Now do you think you could draw me a football field and some football dudes so I can get them in the correct places?

jayne wells said...

Wait, I think you ARE obsessed with baseball! No, but really, I'm wishing I had those baseball guys to teach Parley! Your kids are darling Linds. I miss you!!
Jayne

l.g. mcfifi said...

very clever! I play on a co-ed team, I could use the map for myself!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea...the baseball dudes. You are such a good, smart mom Linds. Your kids look so cute and grown up! I too noticed Scarlett's grown up hair!!!
That's great that you have Deacon involved in baseball!!!

Anonymous said...

oops, I didn't think the first one worked! LC

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.