Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pumpkin Patch!

Today we went with the ward Playgroup to the Alachua Pumpkin Patch. As you may recall, Pumpkin Patch's in Florida are just a little bit different. They are not on vines, because pumpkins do not grow here. So, thanks to New Mexico, we Floridians are able to get pumpkins!

The kids had fun on this teeny-tiny hay maze.


It was seriously so hot today, and these boys sure had sweaty faces!



I tried to tell Scarlett to "stay away from the bumpy ones! Mama doesn't like bumps!"

In Other Voltolini News:

Going to the LSU game was so much fun. On the first night we were in Baton Rouge the Athletic Director treated all the wives to a really nice restaurant where my love affair with Jambalaya began! Yummers! The next day, which was game day, I had my first encounter with obnoxious, drunk-in-public LSU fans, who called me a prostitute and wondered how much I charged. This was in our team hotel! Brian warned me that they are the worst fans in the NCAA. They may be the worst but they are definitely the loudest. My ears were ringing for days after being in that stadium. And well we all know who won the game... :) The kids did wonderfully with the babysitter! She and I were in constant contact via text messaging. Such a fun getaway!

As for Deacon and his allergies, those results came back. The pediatrician explained to me that allergies are ranked on a +/- scale. Obviously + numbers are not allergies and anything worse than - .35 is considered a true allergy. Well Deacons allergy level to our damn cat is
-4.73!

So...anyone want a cat?

11 comments:

l.g. mcfifi said...

I thought of you when I watched the game, those fans are rotten... I would love your cat, that is why we should be neigbors:) I love to see how other states do halloween, the pumpkin yard- looks really fun

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Oh no! That's a serious allergy! :-(

Brimley Girl said...

Damn shame about the cat!! If you give her away who will take care of the pesky extra large insects in Florida? Definitely stay away from the bumpy pumpkins. I love the pictures.

Kate said...

So ... he's just a tad allergic to the cat then?

I love the new look. So much cuter than the cutesy background I have. I'm gonna have to check out that site.

Scarlett looks so cute prancing around with her hands up! And I'm with you - I hate the bumpy ones. They look like they're covered in warts.

Petersons said...

Glad you had a fun trip! I love this new background! Cutest fall/halloween one I've seen!

Oh, i have three cats...already. But, hey...they keep the mice outta our house!

Unknown said...

Boy, I think I would have punched that guy that if he called me a prostitute. Crazy. And sorry about the cat but I am allergic to cats as well so I can simpathize with Deacon. We just got a hamster and I think I am allergic to him to but Ben loves him so I am stuck. Good luck.

Shana said...

Ah geez, those photos were the cutest. Love those darling little kids! Deacon, people with allergies grow up to be really cool. The worse the allergies, the cooler you are. Love you all, Shana

Stacey said...

If it makes you feel any better, I too am allergic to cats didn't know that until about 6 years ago when I started to have breathing issues and major asthma attacks. But, I did the shots, 5 years worth, and am great. My cat Boo, and I get along great!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
Deacon and Scarlett look so cute in your last 3 posts! I love them and miss them. It was good to see Brian in the photos too.....with the kids. Congratulations Gators and the babysitting! I'm so happy that you were able to have a little trip away.
I never really thought about the fact that there are no pumpkins growing in Florida!!!! What cute pumpkin patches and hay stacks! Too bad we couldn't have flown in on some Utah pumpkins!!!
I love your blog design too.
Hey did you get sick with the flu shot this time? I hope not.
I love you. Sorry about Carpet!
Love, Lisa

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paulina... said...

cute pictures of pumpkin patch