Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bend It Like Deacon!

Last Saturday Deacon had SOCCER for the first time!

I know I'm "old", but I still can't believe I have a child old enough to be in soccer. I am so excited for his games, even more excited than Deac and he's pretty stoked.

First, they started off with some stretching.

...And "stretching to the sky"!

Then they did some drills, and dribbled around the perimeters.

Yeah. That's Deacon way over there. We're still working on being "out of bounds".

Deacon surprised me by his Gator-speed! He is really fast and has good ball handling skills.




He has about 15 kids on his team. About half of them cried and wouldn't play. Some pointed at airplanes and talked about airplanes, and one specially picked a dandelion and ran it off field to give to his mom. So funny!

The next 6 Saturday mornings are going to be so fun!! Go Deacon!





10 comments:

Brimley Girl said...

It looks like Deacon is taking his soccer pretty seriously. Good for him. He will be so good and have so much fun. I wish I could see him play. Love ya, Mom

Shana said...

Oh, those days are so great! You are just heading into the best times with your kids :)! I can't wait to hear more about his games. Love you all, Shana

Anonymous said...

Go Deacon Go!

Shana said...

Lindsey, I've tried to send you two texts with a photo of the boy who got the football. He was SUPER excited. They paid $110 for it... that is almost eleventy billion. Serena was so happy to have a cool thing to donate. THANKS TONS! Shana

Lindsey said...

Shan - I texteded Paige and told her that my phone does not receive photos. My phone is sooooo 2007!

I am so glad it fetched that much $! Way to go Seri!

Kate said...

Oh, how I love peewee soccer. Have a blast! Deacon looks so cute.

jayne wells said...

Oh, Linds. He is so darling. I love the picture of his hands up to the sky! And I love that you called this post bend it like Deacon. You RULE.

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks cute Linds!
I love little kids in soccer socks and jerseys! Deacon looks great. Bend it like Deacon IS awesome.
I miss you!
Love, Lis

l.g. mcfifi said...

The first photo is my favorite too- he is stretching so BIG!

Brimley Girl said...

I need to see some new pictures. Love ya, Mom