Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Funnest Fourth!

We sure had a fun weekend!  We decided to take a mini-vacay to Orlando!  
We headed out on the morning of the 4th...


We had reservations at the Nickelodeon Family Suites and it was so much fun!  The rooms were so nice and so fun!  Each room was themed from a show.  Honestly, I'm not sure what we got...they kinda look like Rugrats but I'm not sure.  The kids loved it!

The kids' room was really cute, with nice bunkbeds, thier own tv and playstation and a little table and chairs set.

We followed Blue's Clues pawprints on the sidewalk and look what we found!!

The resort is basically built around two waterparks.  This is where the kids spent most of their time.  Deacon jumped right onto the slides, which surprised me, and it took me one time putting Scarlett on the slide and she was a pro and just doing it all by herself.











One afternoon we hit up the 'ole DisneyWorld.  We didn't last long.  It was unbelievably hot and busy, even in the evening, but we managed to get a few rides and souvenirs in.


As you may have heard, there was a Monorail crash just the day before we went.  It was strange to not see Monorails everywhere.  Since DisneyWorld is basically an island we had to be shuttled over to the park by a ferry instead.  

Nick characters are always walking around, and the kids were literally petrified of them. We saw SpongeBob & co., Diego, some Avatar fella and
 Pablo from Backyardigans
Obviously the Squidward was always in character and this one just cracks me up.




True to Nickelodeon form there was Sliming!  Twice a day there would be a big sliming at the waterslides.  You would know it was coming when the heavy-metal version of SpongeBob's "Goofy Goober" song started playing.



We had so much fun.  I was actually bummed to leave and that is unlike me.  
I am usually pretty relieved to get home, because sometimes vacations with children are not really vacations.  
But, we will surely go back!!

8 comments:

Shana said...

What a great time! Thanks for sharing the photos and the stories. I felt like I was there. Thank goodness for your blog so I can know what's going on with you guys. Those photos of the kids were so great. I loved the ones of them on the slides right next to one another and the ones by the characters where they are clearly terrified. The one of you by Sponge Bob is classic! I want those kids! Glad you had so much fun. Love you! Shana

Shana said...

P.S. Please tell your husband Happy Birthday!!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to Brian!

So, holy moly I want to stay at that hotel. How fun! (Your room was the rugrats' "All Grown Up" show, just in case you were wondering. I'm embarrassed to know that.) Your kids are so precious, as always! I love that picture where they're still posing even though they're both sad and crying. Too cute!

I'm glad you had such a fun vacation!!

Petersons said...

Oh my! My kids would be in HEAVEN staying there. Looks like a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey it looks like you had such a great time! I'm so glad. Your kids are so darn cute. I just can't wait to see them in person! I saw that your mom had the toys out! Yipee. I want us all to take the kids to a movie when you come!
Love you...and yes, Happy Birthday to Brian on the 9th! Love to you all.
Lis

jayne wells said...

Linds! That is so awesome. I am so glad you went! Darling pictures!

Unknown said...

My kids would love that place. It looks perfect. Everything you need wrapped up in a nice package. Glad you had fun.

l.g. mcfifi said...

ok now that looks fun- the sponge bob land! My little girl would wet her pants- I am shooing her away from the computer right now because I don't want her to see! JAVA LAVA- that is a name I like!