Sunday, May 10, 2009

To Our Mothers

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers!

Brian and I wanted to pay homage to our mothers today.  We love you both!

Lindsey's Mom: Sheryl

My mom is such a fun, young mom.  She always took me to do fun things that made me happy and smile, even as a baby.

She taught me how to do really good drawings, and the importance of foreheads in ones drawings.  This is a picture I drew of her, when I was 3.
{The back of this drawing reads (in Mom's handwriting) "My Mom, by Lindsey"}

But she kept working with me and I got a lot better!

She also taught me the art of writing a good letters and notes.

Most importantly she taught me to be the best mom that I can be.  She is a great example of hard work and sacrifice.  She loves me and my brothers no matter what and is always there for us with an open mind and heart.  And, she is loved by everyone, especially by my children.

Brian's Mom: Theresa Marie

This August, it will have been 21 years since Brian's mom passed away unexpectedly.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and wish that she were here to know our children, and to know me, at least in this life.  She raised wonderful people in Brian and his sister Christy.  They are responsible, hard workers and funny, fun people, and they, in turn are wonderful parents as well.  We sure miss Grandma Theresa!

(Theresa with Brian, 4, and Christy, 6, ca. 1977?)

9 comments:

Amy said...

Your mom is great. I am really glad I know her and get to work with her everyday

l.g. mcfifi said...

Your mom is fantastic- and such a beauty-

Brimley Girl said...

Wow, what a wonderful "Mother's Day" Thank you both so much.

I think about Theresa quite often as well...I know she would adore Deacon and Scarlett as much as I do. She raised a great son and her example has made him a wonderful dad.

Happy Mother's Day Linds, I love you so much. You are an amazing mom. I really love the picture of my forehead too.

Anonymous said...

Two beautiful moms! Yes, everyone does like your mom. She and I had a lot of fun and giggles growing up.She is fun and funny.
I know what you mean about Brian's mom. I always wished that Dave's dad could know me (in this life) and my children. There is something missing isn't there.
You are a wonderful, beautiful, intelligent, hilarious mom!
I love you Linds!
Cute pictures and notes!
Love, Lis
Lis

Unknown said...

Mom's are so important. Happy Mother's Day and thanks for sharing.

Shana said...

A+ on this one Lindsey. I'm smiling and teary, too. Beautiful tributes to two great moms. Oh my, that note and the forehead picture were classic.

It was so GREAT to see you all yesterday. That was seriously so much fun. What a great Mother's Day for you. You must have received about 100 kisses just during the time we saw you! You are a beautiful mom and I love you! Shana

P.S. I'm trying to make this a LONG note like yours.

Lindsey said...

Thanks Shan! And thanks for making your comment "long like mine". I can't believe I was so bossy-boots, even in my notes! Geez...

Yes, I absolutely adore Skype! I loved seeing you and your family! Mitch and Serena have gotten so tall and handsome/beautiful!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Thanks for sharing that. It made me smile, made me giggle, and made me grateful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lindsey for posting that. Makes me sad but happy too! My mom would be just spoiling our children! love christy