Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Kiss Your Brain

So, yesterday when I picked up Deacon from pre-school, his teacher reminded me that the schools Spring Program was that night.  Interesting, I thought, as I didn't even know that there was going to be a Spring Program!  Yay!

I have to admit that both Brian and I were pretty excited at what was in store.  And when we saw that the title of the Spring Program was "Kiss Your Brain" we were so excited to see what that entailed!

Deacon was pretty cute up there on stage with all of the other pre-schoolers.  
Oh, you can't find him in the picture?  Well just look for the awful green froggie boots that he refuses to take off.  Or for the little boy chewing his cheeks.  He gets that from his mother.


His class sang a cute little ditty called "Alligator, Alligator".  He didn't sing a word. 


Here he is scratching his head at the director who was hysterically trying to get the children singing.  I should mention that she is also from Utah.

This was also about the time that he decided to start tormenting Flynn (in the olive green ensemble), and had to get reprimanded by his teacher.  Deacon doesn't understand that Flynn is a vegetarian, and lacks a certain strength, not to mention Flynn is his good friend!

The program also contained some Lutheran traditions, as the school is in a Lutheran church, which were interesting.  But, it was a fun program, and it's such a great school, we are lucky to have him there!


8 comments:

Amy said...

I love the Froggie Boots....Cute

Lindsey said...

I wish that the pics could be clicked on so that you could see them bigger, but I don't know how to do that. The froggie boots are a sore subject. I hate them. They are 5 sizes too big and they make his feet smell awful! LOL. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is sooooo funny! Cute little guy. I know that Chuck's aqua socks were a tough one for me too. I'd buy new pairs because he would never take them off and then when he did, (in the car of course), we all about died. So, every once in awhile I'd buy some new ones and stick them on for the next month or two. :) Funny cute boys.
Lis

Shana said...

HAHA! Those boots are awesome. You could always cut the tips off? That is what I did to Mitchell's binky;) School programs are the best. You just can't help but sit there and smile at how adorable all the kids are and how your kid is the cutest!

Unknown said...

I love kid programs. We have great footage of Ben being totally off as his class sang in kindergarten and first grade. I love the green boots. He needs those. Isn't Florida full of swamps?:)

Kate said...

Lindsey, you are hilarious. And Deacon is so cute! You are such a good mom to let him wear the boots even though you hate them. I am not that nice to my kids!

jayne wells said...

So great. At least the froggy boots aren't clowny pants.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty funny! Hayden had a fetish for duck boots at that age too....ha ha...christy