Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Washington D.C.

Nearly 25 months ago, Brian and I were fortunate enough to join the 2006 National Champion Gators on their trip to The White House and to meet President Bush.  Last Thursday we got to go again, this  time with the 2008 National Champion Gators, this time to meet President Obama.  


25 months ago began my love for the greatest city I have ever been to.  













On our itinerary this year was a trip to Arlington National Cemetary, which we were really looking forward to as last time we visited most of the Monuments.  However, the weather was much to foggy in Gainesville for us to leave on time, and due to time constraints we weren't able to make it.  

When we arrived in DC, we went straight for the Nations Capitol.  



















Our busses pulled up and we were immediately rushed upon by armed guards and policemen telling us that "on another day, you'd be treated like gold, but not today..."  As it turns out there were Heads of State in the Capitol!  The King and Queen of Jordan!  So we were routed over to the Library of Congress, and to the James Madison Memorial.  There the team was presented with an American flag that was flown over the stadium the day the game was played.  














































From there, on to the White House!



















And who should we see first?




















Why it's America's Most Famous Dog!  BO!  What a cute doggie.

We toured the rooms that we saw before, they hadn't really changed, except Presidential portraits had been rearranged a bit.  Obama's wasn't complete yet...

Then we headed to the Gold Room.  













And finally, oh be still my heart, he (Barack, not Urban) enters:


















































And then....my battery in my camera died.  But oh...we had such a great day. 


8 comments:

Kate said...

Very cool. DC is high on my list of places that I really want to see!

jayne wells said...

Oh Linds,
I can't imagine how awesome that was! That is SO amazing.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! You were so close to President Hottie! What a great opportunity!

Amy said...

I am totally spying on your blog from Lacy's. I was hoping you would have pictures. What an awesome experience. This is one girl who is jealous to the core.

Shana said...

What a great experience! I'm so happy you got to go. Shana

Amy said...

Can I add you to my blog list? I am glad you enjoyed my Riley quotes. He says the funniest stuff.

l.g. mcfifi said...

oh I can't stand it! How amazing!

Anonymous said...

So awesome Linds and Brian! I'm so happy you got to go. And that Grandma Sheryl got to be with the kids and you.
Love you, Lis