I can't believe my firstborn is 3! He had such a fun couple of days last week!
On Tuesday, his actual birthday, we celebrated at home by opening presents and having cake and ice cream; except he can't have ice cream because of his milk allergy. So we had some for him.
I had to post this photo because it is a typical Deacon outfit. This is on the night of his birthday. He has to wear shoes all the time, he gets that from me, but lately he also has to wear his bike helmet all the time as well. So when he comes out of his room dressed like this, it's no surprise.
On Wednesday, at his school, I brought in cupcakes for the class. They were so cute. He loved being King for the day!
This was actually a very nostalgic day for me. All the memories of the day he was born were constantly on my mind, and every time I looked at the clock I'd try to remember what was happening three years ago. As many of you know, I was sick every single day of my pregnancy with him, which leads me to my 2nd favorite (his birth being #1, of course) event that took place, which is a quote from ME:
02/04/06 7:30 am:
As I got out of bed, feeling extremely nauseous, I had to run to the bathroom, when something strange happened, and I yelled out,
"Brian! I'm throwing up right now and my water just broke!"
To which he replied "Ok.".
...and that's how it all began.
Happy Birthday, Deke! We love you so much!!
12 comments:
He is so adorable! And 3!?! wow, time flies. What a cute kid, I love the shoes and helmet. I do the same thing, wear shoes all the time, not the helmet (haha)
What an awesome birthday and I am curious about the cake. Was there a request there for blue swirly things? Thanks for posting photos, I've been watching for some birthday news. Glad Deacon had a great day. Love you guys!
Uh...no....there were no requests made for swirly things. It was just the cake I found at the grocery store. I feel totally "outed" now. I'm a failure. I can not bake. :(
LOVE the helmet, Deacon! He reminds me of Mike Meyers' "Hyper-Hypo" skit on SNL. Oh, I love little boys and their quirks! I'm so glad he had a fun day - he looks so cute and proud of himself after blowing out his candles!
I also love Brian's response to your life-altering news: "OK." What a guy thing to say! It's a good thing that guys can stay calm in emergencies.
That is the coolest cake I have seen in a long time. Who needs to bake when you can get stuff like that?
He looks likes he had fun!!!! We ve been trying to send something since scarletts bday but with mexico and this pregnancy its been busy, so hopefully I will feel better and you will get it before the end of feb but dont get your hopes up...for sure by march... ask me everytime you see me on msn so I make myself DO IT! I am such a bad tia...
I can picture the whole thing with you and Brian before the real "birth day". So funny in retrospect. :)
What a darling three year old boy. I'm so glad that he had a good birthday. We love him. The new photos you sent Grams and Gramps are adorable!!!
Love, Aunt Lisa
Oh my gosh that quote is cracking me up!
Hope Deacon had a super birthday!!
I remember that day very well. So great and yet so stressful. Deacon has brought me so much joy. I love my very first grandchild. I'm glad he had a great day.
I love the first pic of him showing off his loot! What a cutie!
i love the frist pictre with the gifts and balloons, it goes so fast hu?
I miss you :(
Post a Comment