Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oh, Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood...?

"The Speech Therapist's A Person In Your Neighborhood..."


This is Miss Patty!  She has been Deacon's ST since April of 2008.  Deacon's pediatrician believed that his allergies to certain foods were causing him to have some speech delay.  So since April, she has come every Monday for an hour to work with him, and he has done so well. His vocabulary has increased and he is now saying 4-5 word sentences!  We have loved having her work with Deacon.  She is so great, her visits are more like play-time.  Unfortunately, once kids turn 3*, they are turned over to public schools for therapy so yesterday was her last day. We will really miss her!

Deacon has his evaluation with the public school therapists in about a week to see if he still qualifies, but Miss Patty has assured us that they are just as good as she is!  I will miss her Southern accent, and how she sweetly calls my son "Mr. Deacon".  (I will not miss stressing to get my house clean and tidy for her to come and trying to keep Scarlett entertained and out of the way.  I sometimes referred to some Mondays as STD's (Speech Therapy Days).)

* Yes.  Deacon will be  3 tomorrow!  I can't believe it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for all the people in the neighborhood who help us out, right? I love that picture. Deacon looks so cute. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW DEACON! We LOVE you!

Kate said...

How sweet is Deacon's smile? You can tell that he really loves her. Yay for people like Miss Patty! And good luck with the public school therapist!

jayne wells said...

Yeah for Speech Therapists! Happy, happy birthday Deacon!
The other day Parley said, "Mom, what starts with Deke?" (Because he hears Hazel always asking how to spell something or asking what something starts with) and I said "D?" "No! Deke! Deacon starts with Deke!"
"Oh yes! Deacon does start with Deke!"

Brimley Girl said...

Three Cheers for Miss Patty. Three Cheers for Mr. Deacon and his 3rd birthday. Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray.

Anonymous said...

Okay, Mitchell and Serena are in Orlando. What's the weather like there?

Karen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Deacon! I can't believe our kiddies are growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

I never heard Mr. Rogers talk about STD days in HIS neighborhood! I do remember his song.."Girls are fancy on the inside...boys are fancy on the outside"! I'm serious! Ask your mom, Linds! :) Anyway...that's what STD days in your neighborhood reminded me of. You're so funny Linds.
Aunt Lisa and Lady Elaine Fairchild