Thursday, January 15, 2009

...At A Loss For Words

Just about 45 minutes ago, I received a package in the mail from my dear friend from High School.  She had been telling me for a couple of weeks that she had something for me and that it would come sometime this week.  I was super excited, yet had NO idea what it is that she could be sending.  To be honest, part of me thought it was a BYU tee shirt.  But nothing prepared me for what she sent me.


A while back Katie and I were chatting online about something and the conversation turned to the fact that I lost all of my High School and Jr. High yearbooks (in some dastardly act) while at SUU.  I opened the package and to my utter surprise saw that it was my 1994 yearbook!  I was so confused!  "How did Katie get my yearbook?" I thought.  I opened the awesome display of journalism known as the Valkyre and first saw the message written from Jamie: "I hope we stay in touch but if we don't maybe we'll find eachother on the internet..."  What?  There was no internet in 1994!?  Then I read the other messages and realized what Katie had done.  Katie had found me a new yearbook and even got Chelesta, Kenn, Rich, Tia, Amber, Suazo, Jamie (and I think her brother Ryan...Ziggy Zoomba?) to sign it.   And then tears came rolling down.


Katie.  Words can't even begin to explain how much this means to me.  I am just in shock and can't even begin to thank you for this.  In fact, I don't think anyone has ever done anything like this for me!  I have had so much fun and shed so many tears looking through this book!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I don't know if I can ever pay you back, but you bet your bottom dollar that I will.  Somehow.  And someday.

I love Katie!!!

11 comments:

Brimley Girl said...

Katie you are a gem!!! Lindsey called me at work in tears and of course I thought something was wrong. She told me what you had done and I was so touched. I sort of hate to say things are "awesome" and "special" but this really is. You are a great friend.

Sheryl...Lindsey's mom

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Holy cow! That is seriously, seriously, one of the nicest things a friend could do for someone. THAT is a lifetime friend if I've ever heard of one.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet thing to do! I love that story. I'll bet my bottom dollar that Linds will find a way to thank you back. :) I'm glad that you two are such great friends.
Lindsey's Aunt Lisa

Stacey said...

Go Vikings!!! All people that went to and go to PGHS are the best!!!!

Kristin said...

I would have been in tears also. That is the sweetest gift...how lucky you are to have such an awesome friend.

Kate said...

You're welcome. ;) Knowing that it made you happy is thanks enough! (Sorry that I haven't called you back ... I did get your message but I've been sick!)

Kate said...

P.S. - "Awesome display of journalism"?!?? Yeah, that pretty much sums it up!

We can do hard things! said...

We are so awesome!!! ;) I love that you used the word, dastardly! That has got to be one of the funniest words EVER!!! You crack me up, girl!

Petersons said...

Yay! Katie is one great friend that's for sure! Glad it made you so happy!

Karen said...

That is so cool! Didn't you lose them all at the Zeta house? I remember something like that... what happened? What a great present from an amazing friend. :)

l.g. mcfifi said...

what a nice thing to do