Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Fair Day

Hey, remember me?  Yes, I haven't blogged in ages, I know.  I have so much to get caught up on because we have had a fun couple of weeks.  My loverly Mom was in town (will be blogged about soon!), and Russ and my Dad are coming out next week!  But today, we had a fairly fun day at the Alachua County Fair.  

There was a Florida game today, but when I found out it was the last day of the fair I decided to skip this game.  "After all...", I thought to myself...."it is only Kentucky".  
So just the kids and I went.  (Only Kentucky is right!  The final?  63-5!)

The kids in the stroller du jour.

You can be sure that I wanted to take all these baby chicks home with me.

Deacon Talks To Animals:
"Hey goat.  So, you're in a cage, huh?  What's that all about?  Well, it's good to see you.
  Say hello to your mother for me."*

Scarlett and her piggies by the piggies.

Although his face doesn't show it, this was BY FAR Deacon's favorite part of the Fair
...the "woo woo".



8 comments:

Celeste said...

It's about time my friend. I was beginning to wonder what was going on in the Voltolini home...I figured you had to have something to report. Finally...

Anonymous said...

I want to know where the woo woo comes from!!!! Of course, I don't know? Fargo? He he....I just know that you quote that show a lot...and it probably doesn't have anything that innocent in it...I don't know.
It looks like the Volt kids had a much better than fair day at the Fair. What a great mom you are to those cute kids, Linds.
Love, Lis

Lindsey said...

LOL Lis! No, Deacon calls every vehicle with a siren light on it a "woo woo" because, well...that's the sound they make!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time. I heard those chicks were going to a special farm in Goshen so not to worry. They'll be very happy there. Love you, Shana

Brimley Girl said...

Oh goodness, Scarlett looks even more grown up than she did when I saw her two weeks ago. They look adorable and I'm glad they got to go to the Fair. Just so you know I'll be wearing my Gators shirt on Saturday for good luck in their game. Love you, Mom

Lindsey said...

You should wear your Gators shirt or your new jacket every day this week! This game is HUGE. Brian says that Coach Meyer is freaking out and they are all working 20 hour days this week. Great.

Paulina... said...

you wrote something yeahhh...scarlett is getting blonder, and deacon is getting sooo big...

jayne wells said...

Love those kids! I wish I could see them.

and I know where the quote is from!!
SNL Mark Whalberg skit!! You can count on me Linds!