I just wanted to give a quick shout-out to my cousin Daniel.
(Dan, age 19)


(Dan, age: baby)
Dear Dan (almost Elder Clark!),
I just wanted to wish you luck at your Farewell this weekend! And I wanted to let you know that I am so very SAD that we won't be there to see you off. But I want you to know that I am so proud of you! You are going to be a great missionary!! I am also so excited that you will be serving in Mexico (Hermosillo) so that you can learn Spanish and that I can write you letters (to the best of my ability) in Spanish! And even though we are 13 years apart (whoa!), I think you are way awesome because you make me laugh and I love to laugh. I also love that you are such good friends with Andy and Paige and you are such a good example to them.
Anyhoo, I just wanted to tell you that I love you very much and that I will miss you.
Love,
LindsEllen
P.S. How many new nieces and nephews do you think you'll come home to? I say 3.
P.P.S. If I send you some Pesos, could you buy me a new Mexican dress? They are my all-time favorite article of clothing, and you will learn that they are called "vestidos". They look like this:

WE LOVE YOU DAN!
7 comments:
Oh why'd you have to go and do that? I'm trying to stay in denial and now I'm crying! But I, too, am proud of Dan and know he'll be a great missionary. If only he didn't have to leave to do it! We love you tons Dan! Shana
P.S. How many new cousins? Seriously three? Wow... I'll have to think about that.
I love your new profile pic! It brought back a flood of memories of playing with those FOREVER. I loved them. It's crazy to see how toys have changed, but I miss those.
Oh, and about the yearbook pics...I'm partial to the dark, short perm. Maybe when I'm 40 that will be the new look for me :(
Ahhhh, I love this post. Not only will Andy miss his cousin but his best friend. Like Shana, I've been in denial for years. I think that there will be AT LEAST three new nieces or nephews when he gets home. Oh and Danny, I like the Mexican dresses too. Maybe you could make a special trip to the market and pick up a few. We'll be there on Sunday for the farewell. Love ya, Sher
Linds,
You made my day! What a handsome missionary! He's a good kid that's for sure. I quite love him!
Thanks sweet Lindsey!
Lisa
Hey that's supposed from Lisa NOT Danno!
If that guy was your grandpa behind us at the game, then you are lucky! He was a riot. And yes, I do remember that morningside! Ty was a BIG DEAL then huh?! I swear someone I was friends with said he lived down the street from them, this was just after he had gotten married. We walked past it when we were at her house, some house in Lindon. Who know. It made for a good story :) Remember that dumb Ty Detmer rap song? Heh heh..
aw shucks, linds thanks for bloggin bout me. I was bummed my florida relatives couldnt come, but its ok, youve got the whole living in florida excuse.
PS - But as for nephews and neices... i would say 2.. at most haha, i think the 'clarks' are busy enough and to have a kid would probably make it so no one would see them.
PPS - Surely i would get you a dress, just chat with my ma, and whatnot and we could probably work something out when im down there.
Post a Comment