Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Week In Review


*MONDAY*
The garage people come and tell me how they can repair my garage door.  I agree to their suggestions.

*TUESDAY*
The garage people return and install a new garage door.
This sets us back a pretty penny.  Stupid insurance deductible!
But I like it.  It's white.  Can you tell?

*WEDNESDAY*
Brian receives a curious letter from the 
United States District Court!  Jury Duty!
However, being a part of Gator Football, and this calling scheduled for the beginning of the season, he seems to think that he can get out of it by name-dropping.  I hope his attempts fail.

*THURSDAY*
After visiting so many pre-schools in the Gainesville area, and being on 4 waiting lists, and at least $200 in non-refundable application fees we got into a school for Deacon!  Hooray! 
Nearly all of the pre-schools here are church-based, so as of August 18th Deacon will be a pre-schooler at First Lutheran: Open Arms.
I am very excited.

*FRIDAY*
This was a big day.
Look who's crawling!!!
Oh my goodness, things are about to get interesting around here.  I thought I had a few more weeks of her immobility as Deacon was nearly 10 months before he started crawling, and she's 7 months.  
Scarlett also cut her 2 bottom teeth!  My baby is getting so big!

ALSO:
Deacon got a very special gift in the mail from his Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Lovon:  An awesome new bike!
He was so excited and kept saying "Wow!!! BIKE!" over and over again.
He loves to show Scarlett his bike and she is very interested.  But he doesn't want her to touch; just look.  

*SATURDAY*
Early in the morning as I'm making Deacon breakfast I see that he's looking out the window.  He starts to say "Ma! Ssssss!". Terribly I'm not really paying attention and proceed with my duties.  As he starts to say that over and over again I decide to finally go and look to see what he sees.
I have a whole new appreciation and respect for my cat!
You go, you pretty 'lil kitty!
Torment that thing!

*SUNDAY*
Late in the afternoon we go outside to have Deacon release a little energy.

Painting the sidewalk with water is definitely the best way for a kid to pass time.  I'm not sure who came up with the idea, exactly, but I think it was Grandpa B. because he's smart.  Unfortunately, it was still to hot outside for his art work to last, it would vanish seconds after he painted.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do tubby-time and get this week to a close.

THE END.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I think that I will take the Texas spiders as big as my hand in place of snakes. Both freak me out and cause uncontrollable screaming. hahaha :)

DIGIARTPAU said...

you had a busy week... like mine!!!! thank you for the bday card and gift... we will use it wisely... its sooo cool scarlett is crawling they say girls do things faster than boys... (depending on babies) but in general. Luis Carlos is so close of walking he just needs confidence

Brimley Girl said...

So many cool things to comment on. Love the new garage door. Scarlett looks so cute crawling and being Deacon's shadow. Deacon looks so pleased with his new, awesome bike (and his little sister). Woo hoo for the new pre-school, he'll have so much fun with kids his own age, and you'll have a little time to just be with Scarlett. Good job pretty kitty!! Painting on the sidewalk with water is so fun, even for adults. Have a great second week with Brian gone for two-a-days. Love you all, Mom

Anonymous said...

I love checking out your blog and being able to know what is going on there! Awesome week. Love you guys, Shana

Kate said...

Wow - what a week! I'm so glad that people in Utah are too cheap for fancy preschools. I would go nuts if I had to go through the whole application-fee-waiting list game! Kudos to you. Try to not laugh at Carter when I send him down the street to the neighbor's. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love your messages and pictures...Grandma B. came up with the water paint idea that has been very popular with kids...Nice garage door...and nice going Carpet. (with a capital C)

Paulina... said...

hi, my mom saw your pictures of scarlett in my facebook...she loves her eyes and eyelashes...long and curly as luis carlos