Today was Deacon's first day of school!
This is Deacon before we left the house for school this morning. He had such a great day! It takes a good 30 minutes to get to his school and when we were almost there he started getting so excited! By the time we walked in the door he was jumping and laughing; much to the amusement of the school staff. He was so ready that when we opened the door to his class he just walked over to a table next to some other kids and started coloring. I would have taken pics of his class room but I didn't want to be one of those moms....you know, the moms that take all these pictures and then have a hard time leaving and then cry in the car? No, I surely didn't want to be like that!
When I went to pick him up I could hear some music playing from their room. It was strange and unfamiliar Lutheran children's songs ("Jesus gave me arms....Jesus gave me arms...") that I am going to have to get used to. I saw that his teacher was doing some awesome dancing to these songs and Deacon was eating some little girls' lunch! Thanks for sharing Maddie! Looks like someone's mom didn't pack their son a lunch.
I am so glad that Deacon had a good day, I can now rest easy.
8 comments:
I am so glad that Deacon had a great first day too. He looks so handsome. I'll bet he was the life of the party...er class. So what did you and Scarlett do all by yourselves while Deke was at school? Love you all, Mom
Oh my, what a handsome boy. I wish that I could hear "Jesus gave me arms" ... you'll have to get a copy. :) Is your house so quiet now? I can't even imagine what it's going to be like around here when Carter starts preschool in two weeks and BOTH of my talkers are gone! (I can't wait.)
Kate: It is sooooo quiet! When Scarlett and I got home we were sitting on the floor and she looked at me and I was like, "So. Whaddoya wanna do?"
I'm so proud of Deacon. What a sweetheart. This will be so great for both of you. What a cute story. Hey maybe you can get a CD of the Lutheran songs to play at bedtime. :)Love, Aunt Lisa
Oh my, what a great photo and what a great story and what a great day. It makes me teary for real! I am one of THOSE moms sometimes I'm afraid. It's just a big day for everyone when your child starts school. Glad it went well :). Love you guys, Shana
Deacon is such a handsome boy!
Your kids are so cute! Thanks for the message you left! I hope I didn't look that tragic in Jr High! Yikes...now elementary school...that's a different story!
Gosh he looks like such a big boy there! very exciting!!! xoxo aunt christy
Post a Comment