Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"By The Way Is That A Minivan????"

As long as I've known my friend Stacey (since 8th grade), I will always remember 2 things about her.  1) She loves to dance and 2) Her knowledge of cars.  She could tell you the make and model of any car just by hearing the engine go by, or hearing the horn honk.  And she could do it blind-folded.  So when she commented in my previous post on the car in my (ruined) garage I was not one bit surprised.


So. Yes.  We did get a new car.  Two weeks ago we did trade-in our Cherokee, and Yes, we did get a minivan.  And to tell the truth, I am not one bit ashamed to have a minivan.  I remember my other friend Katie telling me in an e-mail about her new minivan that she loved it so much she would marry it (assuming it was a boy minivan).  I wholeheartedly concur.  I love this thing!!! Soooo much space, it's the best!!  

5 comments:

Petersons said...

That's funny because we got rid of our minivan and got a Jeep Gr. Cherokee about 4 months ago, and I miss my van! I want it back! We are getting another van for sure. I miss the room and the gas was alot cheaper than our Jeep! What were we thinking!! People used to make fun of me for driving the van, but it was really nice and I'm on the hunt for a new one.

Kristin said...

That is crazy about your gargage, I hope that you get fixed. I will admit that I am a proud owner of a minivan also. I do also love my van, it is so easy to get the kids in and out. I really appreciate it when I have to take Troy's car and try to jam all the kids in the backseat.

Kate said...

Three things:
1. Sorry about your garage! That's so crazy. I would go ape-shiz if I wanted to go to the store and got trapped, so I commend you for your seemingly calm response to the situation.

2. Welcome to the world of minivans! How do you like your Sedona? Does the hatchback door really open with a remote? I am SO jealous - I swear I'm going to throw my back out shutting mine one day. (I told you minivans rock!)

3. I got your card today - THANK YOU! I had forgotten how much I LOVE your pretty handwriting. So straight and precise and clean ... just how I like things. I got stuck staring at the letters for WAY longer than it took me to actually read them - I'm not kidding. I basically got hypnotized by how pretty everything looked. Thanks for making my day!!

Kate said...

Me again. We must be on the computer at the same time ... I just read your comment on my post, and I have to say that you totally cracked me up with the "something on my face" comment! I threw myself back in my chair and clapped because I was laughing so hard! I'm probably going to laugh every time I think about it for about a week.

Stacey said...

Sorry I haven't checked you page until today. But thanks for the funny about me. I am glad you love your minivan. I am sure one day I'll join the party. Just not today. :)