Sunday, August 3, 2008

I Could Use A Wish From A Real GENIE Right About Now...

I needed to go to the store for a few quick things this evening.  Brian was at work so I had to take the kids.  I got Scarlett in the car first, and then buckled Deacon into his carseat before opening the garage door, because you always get your 2-year-old buckled in before you open the garage or he's outta here at first light.  


After getting him in, I walked over to push the garage opener button, when I hear the most AWFUL noise I had ever heard in my life come from the garage door.

This is what happened:


I have absolutely no idea how this happened.  After calling the "We're Open 24 Hours & Weekends For Your Garage Emergency" companies, I found no one can help me until tomorrow morning.  So the car is trapped in the garage, and with that foot of opening at the bottom that means that snakes and frogs are SURE to get in our garage tonight.

Oh!  And in case your wondering.....yes, 2-A-Days did start today.  I am an official Football Widow.  Hey!  Here's to a great season.



6 comments:

jayne wells said...

NO! Oh I am sorry. It was a brave enough thing to try to go to the store with those two, then to have that happen!
I agree with the always BUCKLE your two year old in the car before doing anything else...mine backed my car into a tree a couple of weeks ago. YIKES!

Sheryl said...

Oh bummer!! At least the garage door didn't buckle back into your new car. I hope that the garage door guy can rescue you this morning. I was also thinking that the opening under the door is large enough for critters bigger than frogs and snakes...so beware. Love ya, Mom

Unknown said...

Boy, that really sucks. Sorry about your garage and that you are now trapped at home. I am sure that garage guys will work wonders and you will be out of there in no time.

Karen said...

Oh my gosh Linds! I'm so sorry! That's crazy. But I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I saw the garage door! :)

Stacey said...

Oh my heck!!! That really must suck! Stuff like that always happens when you need to get somewhere. By the way is that a mini van????

We can do hard things! said...

Oh no...that is terrible! Lovin the minivan...I need a new one. Hopefully next year...my kids are all getting too big for my little van. Good thing the kids were in the car..yikes!