While on the telly with my Mom this morning, she mentioned (randomly) that the author of the comic strip Family Circus had died. Boy was I sad! Actually I was sad, death is sad, but I am actually quite relieved because I hate that comic strip! It is the worst! Yet, I find myself looking at it every time I open the newspaper. There it is, staring at me, daring me to read it.
Sometimes my life is a Family Circus. I have a non-stop chatterbox 2 year old, a baby who is sick with a cold and requires constant holding, and a husband who works his tail off (which reminds me that Gator Football Camp is coming up on Sunday for 10 days, so I basically won't see him those entire 10 days).
Yesterday, I took Scarlett to the pediatrician because of her cold and had Deacon in tow. He was awful. While holding the baby while the doc examined her, he was in to EVERYTHING. Opening drawers, emptying said drawers, jumping off chairs, practically breaking the weight scale, grabbing the doctors' tools. I also haven't been feeling well so this just practically put me over the edge and in tears. It reminds me of what happened last fast sunday at church, while some elderly gentleman was bearing his testimony, Deacon decides to run up to the stand, only to be intercepted by the Bishop himself. Oy vey.
But then, after the doctor visit, you go get yourself a Diet Coke at Zaxby's, and go home and out of the 100 degree heat and humidity, and then your son decides to finally hold his sister after 5 and a half months...
...and you feel a little better.
And then you also remember that you have visitors coming on Sunday! Brian's aunt and uncle are going to be in town (who he won't even be able to see because of Camps) and I am really excited.
Maybe I'll take over for the deceased Family Circus lady. I like to do "drawrings".
9 comments:
Oh Linds, they are so, so adorable. I need to see them. Only three more weeks. Oh BTW, it was the lady who was the inspiration for the mom on Family Circus who died. All those annoying little children are probably still inspiring the author. Love you, Mom
Oh ho! Now you tell me! I still would take over Family Circus and make so it wasn't so crappy.
In fact, the first caption for my very first comic would be:
"Ow, Mom! It really hurts when you try to clean myh elbows with SOS Pads!"
hahaha! I'm laughing! And yet, nearly in tears. Oh my gosh I loved this post. Kids can make you want to scream and laugh at the same time. Love them!
There is nothing better than when your kids do something sweet to fix a horrible day. Sorry that things have been so lousy! Hope you all are feeling better really soon.
Oh Linds, this is a great reminder of why I love you so much and why we became such good friends. LOL!
Hey Linds...I love your posts, you always keep me entertained. Keep it up, I need more laughter in my life!
Linds, you really made me chuckle as usual tonight! But, sad for such a stressful day....but happy again for the good parts of your day! What an adorable picture and kids. I miss you.
Lis
Lindsey,
Your kids are adorable!! I can't believe how big Deacon is getting and Scarlett looks just like Brian! Too cute!
Love the blog!
We hope to get to see you guys soon!
Jess
that pic is so cute! I'm sure that made your day! We must have a copy of that picture LIndsey....we don't have any of Scarlett yet either!!! aunt christy
Post a Comment