Friday, May 2, 2008

"And Down The Stretch They Come..."


The first Saturday in May is quite literally one of my favorite days of the year.

It's not my Birthday...

It's not my Wedding Anniversary...

It's not even my childrens' Birthdays....

It's the KENTUCKY DERBY!  



The Race For The Roses! The most exciting 60 seconds (give or take) in Sports.

Do you have your horse picked out?  Well after some research, I do.

Here is my Trifecta:


(have to pick this horse, he was bred in Ocala, FL!)


We'll see how I do!

Don't worry.  I'm not a betting girl.  After all, I don't really make any money.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I had no idea you were such a racing gal! Chris and I took Haley to the races in Del Mar once when we were there. She was two. I felt like the biggest loser, somebody-call-DCFS parent in the world ... but she had SO much fun! She got totally into it. Anyway, I'll be watching for your horses!

Anonymous said...

Great job on your trifecta. You are a derby expert. Poor Eight Belles. I was so sad!

Hey...where are the new pics of the little ones? I just miss them so much.

Love you, Mom