Friday, April 18, 2008

A Volt Recap

CATCHIN' UP 


#1 - First of all my sweet baby girl is 4 months old today!

Scarlett is the best baby.  When she was first born we called her Fussy McFusspants because...well...that's what she was.  But now we call her Smiley McGiggles because that is what she does now!  She is so happy and smiles and laughs all the time.  She is getting so big, and she adores her brother.  She could just sit and watch Deacon play all the time, and smile and laugh at him, even when he throws (soft) balls at her or puts toilet paper on her head.

#2 - Our SUV of Strollers!

We have been really enjoying our new stroller that we got last week.  We have been going for walks, the weather has been so nice - and we have been getting good usage before the weather gets too damn hot and humid, which I am really not looking forward to because I HATE Florida summers.  But, we love this stroller, it is super-sweet.

#3 - Cat Fights

My little Gato has been getting in a lot of cat fights lately and coming home wounded.  The
 bratty Calico down the street seems to think that she can just go into our garage and eat our cat food.  Our kitty really puts her paw down on this and we have heard the tell-tale "reeeeeer" of a cat fight many a morning.  Deacon thinks this is hilarious and whenever he hears that he runs to the front window to see if he can watch.

#4 - Coaches Trophy

Stories have been circulating around AM sports radio and news about a Gator recruit dropping the crystal Football of the Coaches Trophy and shattering it.  Well this story is true.  When a group of recuits came in last weekend, some hot-shot kid was holding it and dropped it as he was attempting to put it back in its place.  Since the University was so smart enough to allow just anyone to pick it up, it is UF's responsibility and is going to fork over the $35K to get a new one.  That is after insurance pays its share.  Don't worry, we aren't going to sign that kid. Anyone who fumbles the ball like that is not going to be a Gator.  A BYU Cougar maybe, but not a Gator (tee hee).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok. So Scarlett is just adorable. Two kids is the perfect number. If I could go back I would have stopped there (uh, just kidding.)
The stroller is awesome. I bet Katie is green with envy.
Isn't it funny how boys love fighting and all that stuff. Benjamin has always run to the window at the sound of the garbage truck. I think he aspires to be a sanitation expert.
And, lastly, that is very sad about that trophy. Super stupid kid who broke it. I bet he feels like a real idiot. Thanks for sharing. Your family is so fun.

Anonymous said...

Psh... Last time I checked, those fumblin' BYU Cougars were ranked higher than them mighty Gators! That's gotta tell ya somethin'!

But all that aside, I'm missin' you guys and can't wait to meet Scarlett! Come up here soon!... Or maybe we'll high-tail it down there this Summer.

Kate said...

WOAH!! Them's fightin' words! BYU could kick UF's butt any time. Bring it on! :)

I do love the stroller. We have a couple of double-monstrosities at our house, but neither is as fancy as that one. The kids look really comfy!

Super-cute kiddies. And I hope your cat shows that calico who's boss!

Lindsey said...

Oh come on you guys...I was just jokin'.

Anonymous said...

Your little ones are so cute. I just love looking at them every day. Oh, and I am one of the lucky people who actually got to see that trophy in real life before it shattered. I'm sure glad I didn't touch it!!! You know I'm jealous of your colorful surroundings. It's just starting to turn green here, and there are some beautiful blossoms but Spring is toying with us and won't actually start. Love you, Mom

Celeste said...

Hey Linds,
Adorable, ya'll are, that's for sure. K so I added you to my friends/family list on my blog. Now we have no excuse, we totally can keep in touch now right? I'm still wondering when and if you visit here?