Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Two Days in Tampa

Over the weekend, we were invited to a Coaches Appreciation Party in Tampa. It was hosted by this really crazy booster, who calls himself King Gator. We stayed in a really nice condo right on the beach with a beautiful view.










We had so much fun and are already planning a family vacation there next summer!
The condo is five minutes from Tropicana Field (note to self: plan trip according to when the Devil Rays play either the Phillies or the Padres), very close to Legends Field where the Yankees have their Spring Training and minutes from Busch Gardens.
Deacon loved the beach and loved to play in the sand with his shovel and pail. The ocean was so warm and beautiful. When we would take him in the ocean however, he didn't want us to hold his hands or help him at all, he wanted to do it by himself! But, he preferred the sand anyway.
Thanks "King"!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow - that water looks SO nice! How do I become friends with this King Gator? :)

Renee Wilde said...

You guys have so many great opportunities - no wonder you like it back there. Deacon is just getting too independent and so grown up. I couldn't believe how tall he is getting - the picture of Deacon standing next to his dad. Wow.

Love you guys. Gram

jayne wells said...

When should I schedule this vacation? (I really like to be prepared a year in advance!)