Yesterday my dear Dad turned 50 years old! Can you believe that? Anyhoo, when I called to wish him a happy birthday our conversation turned to my blog...
"So, Linds, I checked your 'website' again and you still haven't updated."
"I know Dad, I've just been so sick that every free minute I get I sit or lay down to try to regain my energy."
"You're pretty sick, huh? Still throwing up?"
"Oh yeah."
"Well can't you just put a picture of Deacon doing something on there?"
"OK, I'll try."
"OK."
"You're 50, Dad."
"No I'm not, I'm 49."
So, to honor my Dad, here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks.
9 comments:
Cutest photos! Is Deacon asleep on the cat or just loving him? Happy Birthday, Stu!
He's not sleeping, he just gives her tons of loves and says "naaa" (nice).
thank you so much for the new post linds... i love the new snaps of deacon!
mom and dad left this morning and we had a great visit! we spent the past week playing some golf, cards and planting flowers in the garden. my yard look great! now if i can just keep the rabbits and slugs from eating them...
can't wait to see you, brian and the deacon! send my love to all okay.
as for turning 50??? boo hoo hoo...poor mary decker.
love ya
dad
Thanks for updating the pictures. Deacon has changed, he's looking so grown up. Happy Birthday Stu, hey it's not so bad to turn 50...at least that's what I hear. Love you guys at the Voltolini house. Love Mom
I love those pictures, but it just makes I am so glad that so realize how much we are missing. Deacon is growing up too fast. Glad that he has such a wonderful pet. From all that I can see it is a mutual love affair.
I am so sorry that you are sooooooo sick. Hope that it doesn't last too long. But as you told me a while back - it will be worth it.
Had a great visit with your dad. It was hard to leave him up there -
just wish he would move back here. The weather wasn't very cooperative but the first few days was a little better than the last part. Next time we go up it is going to be in the late summer.
I will call you soon.
Love Gram
i really hope you feel better!
Lindsey, I love it when you have new photos! Darn that sickness. I'm so sorry!
Those pictures of Deacon and Carpet are so darling. Carpet must be one nice cat. Chip is naughty and scratches Hazel, Atticus and Parley. I'm so glad Deacon has that cute cute cat. They are so darling together! Next Dec/Jan he will have a new little sibling to love. We all just assume you are having a boy. Isn't that funny? (your mom, grandma, Shana, my girls and I all think BOY).
Happy Birthday Stu. Did you know that Chuck called you Snort when he was a little boy? Yup he did! He he. You're an old man now!
Sorry that you're feeling so sick! I can totally relate - I spent my entire first trimester sitting on the couch watching "Playhouse Disney" with my kids. You'll make it!
Linds,
Love you and that boy. I would come and take care of you and Deacon if I had lots of money. I gave Parley a buzz cuz you gave Deacon one! Hope you feel better!
Post a Comment