Monday, February 19, 2007

Birthday, Baseball, Breach and a really Bad sweatshirt

Some highlights of my Birthday weekend:


The three of us went to the Florida baseball game, against the Miami Hurricanes.
We had fun, even in the brrrcold 60 degree weather. Deacon loved his first baseball game and was clapping constantly.



We went to see the movie Breach. It was reelly, reelly good.
Some of our friends offered to watch Deacon while we went, which was really nice and Brian and I enjoyed getting away for a bit.


Winner of the "Are You Kidding Me?" Birthday Gift.
Oh, how my brother Russ enjoys those gag gifts.



Winner of the "Best/Most Creative" Birthday Gift.
Brian created this awesome certificate for me. Pay close attention to the details...there is an image of a shopping mall, Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliot & Madonna, jewelry and accessories, not to mention the fine print, which reads:
BRIAN WILL STAY HOME AND WATCH DEACON!
Now to decide what to spend that money on???
Clothes? or a Bike with a child trailer?
What do you think??

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, who sent that horrible sweatshirt? Was it a joke? It looks like you had a wonderful birthday. What a "sweet", sweet gift certificate your husband gave you. That is so cute and nice. Tell him I think he should make cards and coupons as a side job with Michael Heyn! Voltmark and Heymark!

Lindsey said...

LOL! Oh yeah, he and Mike could really make a killing!

Russ really sent me that awful sweatshirt. Shhh.....kitty sleeping.

Lindsey said...

Mom? Where's your houseboy Valentino? He should do the laundry for you!

Anonymous said...

Tickles is the name of Kathy Roylances real cat.

Karen said...

Linds!
That is the worst sweatshirt I've ever seen! :)
Glad you had a great birthday. How does it feel to be 31? I'm coming 'round the bend myself!

jayne wells said...

With that sweatshirt you could become a teacher! No credentials needed, simply show up to any school wearing that and they'll show you right to your room.
However, if they happen to find out that you have an extra $200 to spend on special stuff like clothes and bike trailers, they might catch on that you're really not a teacher.
Does Brian know when my birthday is? We're both July babies Brian!

Lindsey said...

HA! Jayne you make me laugh. I think I'll try that, just waltz in and say "where's my room"?

Speaking of which Jayner, do you remember who said this?:

"Grass. He made it."

Anonymous said...

I think the kitty's name should be Cuddles (shhh!). Jayne, the teacher thing is so funny! Linds, if you really want to pass as a teacher, get yourself a really sparkly Christmas sweater and no one would ever think to ask for your credentials.

Anyway, sounds and looks like an awesome birthday.

You guys don't know but Mike and Brian really could go into business. Mike gave me a cool gift certificate for my birthday last year--it looked like a dollar only it had his smiling face in the middle. There were little drawings of eagles with arrows and things and then it said, "In Mike we Trust" which is a tiny bit naughty but funny. So I think they have a real future.

Maybe Jed could join in now that he has a degree.

jayne wells said...

JOEL!! Joel said, "Grass. He made it!"

A few extra pointers, if you choose to try the teacher thing, you might want to buy some pins to go on the sweatshirt. Something schooly would be best like "A+ teacher!" or anything with an apple on it. Principals love teachers with that garb.

Jed wants to make sure he can have an office where he can hang his diploma. Then he might be willing to do this business thing.

Anonymous said...

Who is Joel, girls? I don't know.
Mikes dollar sounds really creative...I can just imagine it. If its half as good as the card he drew with the cat and bird it must be "genius"!
Jayne your teacher thing is right on the money (that teachers don't have). I think I have an apple pin I can send to you Linds. Get yourself a whistle to wear around your neck and some dangley apple earrings too. (Or dangley earrings to match the season or holiday coming up!) I would have died to have that sweatshirt when I was a teacher.

Anonymous said...

That would be skeery, Sheryl!
We'd better get Linds and Jayne to explain who Joel is...if it was Joel who said that. I don't think Jayne had a student named Joel???Who the hell is Joel, Jayne?

Lindsey said...

Joel was this sweet autistic boy that was in 2nd grade at Sunset View. He loved the birds and would always chase them and he loved grass. He never really spoke but once he said "Grass. He made it."

Anonymous said...

He sounds stupid to me. Who the hell says stupid stuff like that.

Lindsey said...

Apparently you do.

jayne wells said...

I'm going to forward this link to the state board of education specifying that my aunt Shana (wanting to start a charter school) is the one making rude comments about less fortunate children.

By the way, no I didn't have Joel as a student, but I did have MARIO!!

Lindsey said...

I concur. Is this the type of PTA leadership we want in our childrens school? I think not. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Jayne, is Mario the one who yelled "I don't speak MEXICAN!" at us?

Anonymous said...

I speak mexican

Anonymous said...

It was just a little joke, a little fun, a little light-heartedness. I would never be mean about a retard.

jayne wells said...

I laughed out loud at Shana's less than politically correct response!

Linds--I can't remember who yelled that! Mario didn't speak clearly so we probably wouldn't be able to tell if he said that.

jayne wells said...

Paige, how do you say 'cruel' in Mexican?

Anonymous said...

you just say, el cruel.