This morning...
bright and early...
we got tickets to see
a Space Shuttle Launch.

The Space Shuttle Atlantis STS-117 will launch on March 15th at the Kennedy Space Center. It is the 117th launch from the KSC, Starboard Truss Segment. The Astronauts on board will deliver and install a new pair of Solar Rays to the International Space Center to track the pattern of the Sun and to generate Solar Power. The Solar Rays look like this:

I am so excited to see this launch and I better make sure that I take my Cymbalta or I'll be a crying mess......right Lisa?...remember Apollo 13?
25 comments:
OH MY WORD!!! I’M SO JEALOUS!! That’s something I so want to see some day! I always cry in Apollo 13—every time. I love that movie and that scene where Tom’s wife is bawling. Did you have a coupon for a 2-for-1 for the tickets? If not, I know some weird aunts who could make you one. Cool, cool, cool.
YES! That scene where they launch and the wives cry KILLS ME. I cry so hard.
Shoot, if you have a coupon then I'd love one! I have scored some sweet deals with the coups I got!
By the way, I gave Grammy your # so she said she'd call. I don't know if you could even hook up with her but if you wanted to, I'm sure they'd be happy to try to work something out. They won't have a car so keep that in mind. I just told her that I knew they'd be busy and Jeff has work stuff but she seemed open to whatever so see how it goes!
P.S. I got them some pretty sweet coupons for DisneyWorld.
I am so jealous too! I'm sooooo glad you got some tickets, Linds! That is so awesome. You'd better take 2 Cymbalta's that day!
I'll never forget that day we went to Apollo 13 and you hadn't taken Paxil. We both cried and cried. Its really a funny memory now....and a good one. What a great movie.
Are you sure this isn't a fake launch and that they aren't really going to land somewhere in the Neveda dessert with OJ Simpson?
That will be so much fun! I am glad that you get to go. It is so weird, I had just read this blog, and then at school today in english we wrote a journal entry on space exploration and apollo 13 and talked about the movie!!! I thought of all you guys when we were talking about it!
Nevada dessert? Is that anything like pie? Or is it a cake?
Lisa, guess who I saw again at the store today? This time in the parking lot in a beautiful Mercedes Benz???
Oh and Shana....it's like CAKE...CAKE CANAVERAL.
Nevada Dessert is made with OJ. Didn't you understand what I was saying?!
Lindsey, was it Jeff AND Carol? I think that is Carol's car. Unless its a brand new one???? Did you say hello? What color was the car?
I want some cake canaveral too!
Cake Canaveral. I like Cake of Good Hope and Cake Hatteras and Cake Coral a lot. I've never tried Nevada Dessert made with OJ. I like it best with raspberry lemonade.
Do you think we'll ever really land on the moon? (I gotcha mom--that OJ movie).
All the sweet stuff happens in Florida. Launchings and Jeff and Carol in Mercedes.
I'm going to ask that very question to an astronaut when I get there, Jayne.
"What do you like with your Nevada Dessert astronaut?"
Capricorn 1 you goofs.
Capricorn 1 you goofs.
Capricorn 1 you goofs.
It looks like somebody is a little impatient.
Candycorns?
"Candycorn One, this is Commander John Walker of the Nevada Dessert...come in Candycorn One. Over."
Oh, my gosh, you guys! I was laughing my head off at ya'll!
I hate candycorns though.
You're right about all the sweet stuff happening in Florida, Jayne. But, at least we live close to the moonlanding. Right Jed? AND we're related to J and C.
And we all like Nevada Dessert a lot.
A LOT!
you are all nuts. hey, does the nevada dessert have nuts in it?
No nuts in Nevada dessert! Now, if it weren't baked, I would say nuts are ok, but I hate baked nuts. I guess you can sprinkle a few on the top or on the sides if you want to, after you bake it. Of course, it depends on whether you make it with the OJ, or the Raspberry Lemonade. That makes a big difference. Its terrible with nuts on it when made with Rasp. Lem.
It's Capricorn 1 you goofs.
Oh...did somebody already say that?
No. No one has ever said that before.
Post a Comment