Friday, February 2, 2007

Don't Bite The Black Hand That Feeds Ya

Significant Events in the Past 24 Hours of my Life:

02/01/07

10:30 am EST: Deacon goes down for a nap

10:35 am EST: I utilize this free time as Cleaning Time and decide to do some deep cleaning of refridgerator and microwave

10:40 am EST: Prepare water/PineSol solvent for cleaning and begin my work

11:30 am EST: Begin to notice burning sensation in left hand while scrubbing. Hand swells a tiny bit

12:00 noon EST: End of Cleaning

02/02/07

11:00 am EST: Deacon goes down for nap

11:05 am EST: I get in the shower

11:08 am EST: Realize it's been a while since I deep conditioned my hair! Use Aveda Black Malva deep conditioner, which has a tint of color to give my hair that shiny, dark lustre

11:15 am EST: Rinse out hair, but lo! THE TINT WON'T COME OFF LEFT HAND!

The Result???



HELP! HOW CAN I REMEDY THIS???? Any of you with a chemistry background with the knowledge of what happens when you mix PineSol with a color conditioner? Or anyone with just a general knowledge that I obviously don't possess? I've tried everything.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I know is this: Deacon must really be partial to your left hand now seein' as how he has an affinity for the black-type folk.

jayne wells said...

Lindsey,
My advice? Ask the pop King himself. He was able to whiten up his whole body. And there's always the rhinestone glove...

Lindsey said...

My mom says it's because I've been in the South too long. I'm not sure how to take that advice.

jayne wells said...

ha ha--I keep laughing at those pictures--how crazy!

Lindsey said...

I'm going to call the king of Pop and ask him. Is he still in Iran? Maybe he'll even let me hold Blanket.

Yeah, this really is not good.

Anonymous said...

mom, you already stoll my comment dangit! Lindsey, Just stick it in some clorox bleach, that should take care of it.

Lindsey said...

Tried that Paige, but thanks.

Anonymous said...

ha ha...alright...and I noticed I just put stoll instead of stole...tee hee...my bad

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh Linds. You are so funny. I think you should make the light hand match the dark hand. If you're out of the shampoo...try a little shoe polish or get some dark base make up in the "colored" isle of Walgreens. What??? Oprah and Hallie say "colored". I saw that isle in Walgreens.
Or...would "white out" work? HE HE

You make me laugh "girlfriend" :)