Yesterday, Deacon went to his first football game. Well, not exactly.....he was AT The Swamp but he was in the coaches offices being babysat by some really cute girls, while I watched the game. Being since it was his first time being with a sitter that I didn't know, I took out all the stops and my neuroticism checked in. To be sure that the sitters knew who he was and who I was and how to get in touch with me should anything happen, I created the "ID Onesie" that Deacon wore under his Gator clothes. Yes, I COULD have written all the information on a piece of paper, but what if it got misplaced? Then what? Therefore, I decided to write information on something that was sure to stay with him while I was away and was one step better than writing it on his skin.
As I dropped him off with the 2 girls that were going to watch him (along with 7 other children belonging to coaches), they asked me if I would "write down my information" for them. "Ha!" I said, "I did better than that!" And unbuttoned his Gator romper to reveal his "ID Onesie". And in their best "southern/20-something young girl" accent said "Oh my gawsh! You are sooooo fu-nny!" Yes, I know. I really felt quite alright leaving him with these girls. I was having a blast at the game, The Swamp is amazing, and we beat 'Bama. I also realized that this was a rather safe place to be and should ANYTHING happen to my young'un there are EMT's surrounding the stadium. Whew. So, those of you with children....if you would like an "ID Onesie" or "ID T-Shirt" for your child, my number is listed above on Deacon's ID Onesie. Just call me and let me know what color Sharpie you'd like me to use.
1 month ago
6 comments:
Parley would like to order one with a green sharpie. I'd also like one with a red sharpie. Please get an xtra large--I hate when it hugs my crotch so tightly.
You're awesome Linds and that boy is absolutely darling. How'd he do with the sitters? LOVE YOU-J
You are so clever and always the thinking mom. What a nice thing to have baby sitters at the game for you. Happy that you were able to enjoy(and relax) the game. Way to go Gators.
Just finished watching conference, which was really inspiring. We are now going for a drive to see the beautiful fall leaves.
Love to you, Deacon and Brian.
Gram
Linds, that is the most clever and good idea! I wonder if you could make a business out of that idea....embroirdering the info would be cute. I seriously thought that was the cutest idea ever!
What a darling, darling boy. I'm glad you were able to leave him and have fun.He looks so pleased and safe in his ID Onsie!
Maybe Hayden needs one too?!!
Very cute........I'm thinking $$-you make 'em-I'll market 'em!
We cannot wait to see our nephew! Aunty Christy
You have the cutest family! We want to see more pictures! Jack and Sophie can't wait to meet their future best friend and boyfriend...any chance you guys will venture out west anytime soon?
Love, The de Simas clan
Hi Linds!
I found you out here in the bloggosphere thanks to our cousin-in-common Jaynifer Aniston.
Deacon is adorable and you look fabulous! I am so happy that you are doing well (as are the Gators!)
-Courtney
Post a Comment