Sunday, October 8, 2006

What a long, strange week it's been...


The second thing I noticed about Deacon right after he was born was how much he looked like his dad. The FIRST thing I noticed about Deacon right after he was born was the birthmark in the center of his back... because he was whisked away to get help with his breathing. As of early Thursday morning that birthmark is gone. The surgery to remove it went perfect. The plastic surgeon was great, the nurses were so good with Deacon and except for a few tears here and there from Mom, it couldn't have gone any better. Deacon is the bravest boy and we are so happy that he is doing well. In fact, he acts as though nothing happened. He is still as active as ever, trying to crawl and get his hands on whatever he can. Even coming down with an infection in his throat/tonsils hasn't deterred him in the least. We are very blessed and fortunate.




















My Mom was here to help with the surgery and we had a great time. I couldn't have done it without her. Then the next day Dad and Russ came and went to the game with me and we all had a blast. Now they have experienced The Swamp and really know what all the fuss is about. Their ears may still be ringing, I'm not sure. We all had a great time and I miss them terribly already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deacon looks great! He looks so big and happy! :) I loved all the pictures of the fam and especially little/big D! What a brave and cute boy. You are brave too Linds. I'm glad you didn't pass out or anything! (Sometimes that happens in our family).

Lindsey said...

No, Lis, I just usually pass out after giving birth!