Thursday, April 12, 2012

O-H

I-O!

I guess if you're an Ohio State fan, you already know that's how you answer when anyone says "O-H".  I know that now because I am slowly but surely learning Buckeye traditions.


We have been here in Ohio for about two and a half months and so far have been really happy.  We live in a suburb of Columbus called Powell which is north east of the Cap city.  It is a great area with great schools and great shopping.  Our neighborhood is very nice, our neighbors are super friendly and the elementary school is just around the corner.

We are renting our home here, until we become familiar enough with the area to find a house that we'd like to buy.  But I really love this house.   I would show interior photos but I have to admit...I am the worst interior decorator E.VER.  I just don't have the eye for it and just don't care.  Somewhere my Clark girl-cousins are shuddering.



Deacon transfered from an all day kindergarten class to a half day (pm) class here.  Since class curriculums vary so much by state, he was quite a bit behind.  That, mixed with his speech disability, qualified him to go to a morning class called Early Literacy Intervention (ELI), which helps him get caught up and where he can also get his speech therapy.  He has adapted so well.  He is such a great, friendly kid and makes friends so easily.  He loves his teachers, he loves his classmates and is just always so happy.  He is really improving on his reading and I am so proud of him.  He just started another season of T-Ball and his team this year is the Rangers.  Such a good boy, I just love him to death.



Scarlett is our source of constant entertainment and laughs.  My goodness, where does this girl come from.  She loves school, dancing, cheerleading, singing, gymnastics, anything creative. She goes to school 3 days a week and has met some cute friends there.  In her class of 15, there are only 2 girls.  That doesn't seem to bother her.  She loves SpongeBob and she loves Mary Poppins.  She never stops talking.  She is a handful at times because there is never peace and quiet but who needs that?  We just love her anyway.



Lucia will turn 2 in June and I just can't believe it.  She has grown so much.  She is such a beautiful, good natured girl.  She looks so much like Brian, it's crazy.  She gets along with both Deacon and Scarlett very well because she can be girly-girl and play with dolls and dress-ups but then she loves to play with and throw and kick balls.  She has a really good arm and if you are sitting near her while she's throwing, chances are you'll get a ball thrown at your face.  She is constantly hungry.  She loves to jump. She has really cute naturally curly hair.  Love her.


Brian is really enjoying working here.  He is comfortable working with Urban.  He knows what Coach wants and how he likes it done, and he knows his systems.  He is super busy - all the time.  I can't believe that the season will be starting up soon but at the same time, I am super excited to go to the games.



So, here's to starting anew on blogging.  And it's because I love my non-Facebook aunts so much!

5 comments:

Shana said...

Oh my. Now you have done it. I am smiling and crying like a baby. THANK YOU and so glad to read about everyone and see the beautiful photos. How proud I am of you and your family :). Love you tons, Shana

TJMSmomma said...

So good to see this post! Miss you like crazy!!

Anonymous said...

We are here...So great to hear from you and about the family. The kids are so good looking. We miss them and you and Brian. Thank you for re-establishing the blog. We need it. Did you receive the Easter stuff? Keep us posted and plan on coming here this Summer. Love Grams and Gramps B.

Stacey said...

It sounds like things are going so well for you and your family! Your kids are so dang cute too!!

Jayne said...

I just left you a big comment and then it got erased. that makes me almost as mad as canker sores.
I loved this post and I laughed hard at the "clark girl cousins shuddering" comment. Ha! I may be able to choose paint colors, but I can't organize anything, and I have so many "don't know where to put this so I'll put it here for now" piles. It's killing me!
I want to come out in the fall SO much. I miss you like crazy and can't believe how long it has been since we've seen each other! I love you Linds!