Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hana, dul, set!

(One, two, three!)

Deacon had his first Tae Kwon Do lesson today! He loved it, he's so good at it and I really think this will be so good for him!
On his first day they ran through some drills and exercises, and then at the end of class they called him up and made sure that he was being a good boy in school and at home and then they had him break a board, which he did!
He was beaming and so proud of himself when they presented him with his very first belt: the White Belt.
His instructors are Somi and Erik and they are great. Seriously, if you have not gone to a kids karate or Tae Kwon Do lesson, GO. It is ten times funnier than kids soccer or t-ball. They are adorable and already so disciplined. If an instructor calls their name, they run up in front of him and yell "YES, SIR!" and stand at attention. So funny and cute! And they do all their counting in Korean! Awesome.

Way to go Deacon! I am so proud of you!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Carter's starting karate as soon as soccer season is over. He can.not.wait. So glad Deacon's loving it! Come to Provo so we can let the boys spar. :)

Shana said...

Those photos are so darn cute! I love the first one where he is holding the board together and it is sort of bent :). He is looking so much older I can't believe it. What a handsome guy. Love you all, Shana

Anonymous said...

way to go, Deacon! It looks like fun to learn Karate, and we love your Karate clothes and the white belt. You are such a handsome boy and we know you are learning good things every day. Be really good to your Mom and Dad, and to your sisters, okay? Send us some new photos as you learn your "moves". We love all of the Voltolini family. Much love, Grandma Dawn

Aunt Yesa said...

So cute!!! Deacon looks so grown up and handsome. I love the photos of Scarlett and Lucia on the side too. Love you all!

Paige Marie said...

I need a new blog update. STAT.