My Grandparents had planned to come to visit with my Mom and Lisa, but unfortunately at the last minute, they had to cancel due to health reasons. Damn! I know that my Grandma really wanted to visit St. Augustine, and the really cool historic sites there, so we thought one day we'd head out there, do some beach time and then try to see some sites. When we got there, we didn't really know where we were going, so the first beach parking that we saw - we took. It turned out to be a beautiful beach and we stayed for a few hours! So much fun!
I was concerned about Deacon's back, since he had just had his surgery, so I thought I'd just have him wear his shirt and hopefully that would shield any sand from irritating him. He was a good sport and really tried hard not to get his back wet.
I'm not sure if it's because we live so close to beaches but I can remember all of my kids' first trips to the beach very well. Deacon went and did not like it at all. Scarlett's first time was at the National Championship in Miami and loved the sand but could not get in the water because of a jellyfish problem. But Lucia....well she just couldn't get enough!! She was in heaven!!
4 comments:
Lindsey how fun!!!! Next time we'll know to just go to that beach every day! I loved it. The water was so warm and the beach was beautiful. The breeze made it possible to spend several wonderful hours there.Can you put that cute little video of Lucia in the water on your blog. Your kids were so cute there. I miss you all tons. I had so much fun.
This was one of my favorite days ever. A gorgeous beach, a hot, but breezy day, warm water, shallow pools, smooth sand, excited kids. It was splendid. I can't wait to do it again. I miss you all so much.
OK, first of all, you are WAY braver than I because a wildlife park with live alligators is exactly the kind of place that I would NOT take my kids! Glad you all had fun and didn't get eaten! ("A dingo ate your baby.")
Next, that beach looks heavenly. We're in SD right now, and when we went to the beach the other day the water was so cold I couldn't go near it and the waves were so strong that I spent the entire afternoon terrified that my kids were going to get dragged out to sea by the undertow. So yeah, I'm jealous. How fun for you guys!
I am so glad to see the photos! What darling kids. I love Lucia's curly hair. It looks like you all had a wonderful time. Love you guys, Shana
Post a Comment