Dear Lucia,
I had waited for your birth day for so long. I was so excited for you to get here and so excited to meet you and see what you looked like that it seemed the day would never come. We were lucky with your birth because we were able to schedule the exact date that you would come. That is one of the fun things about c-sections!
The day was so surreal. It was so strange to walk into the hospital knowing that that day we were going to have a baby. With no contractions, and not even dilated. Your dad and I were scheduled to check in at the hospital at six o'clock in the morning, with the surgery scheduled for eight o'clock. When we got there we were put into a triage room with another mom-to-be behind the curtain. I was given my IV, blood was drawn, and then I was given the horrible little shot of antacid. After a couple of minutes I was starting to feel really sick and proceeded to throw up that shot of antacid all over the place. After meeting with my doctor and the anesthesiologist it was time for me to go into the operating room. I got my spinal block (which is so much easier than getting an epidural!) and got strapped to the table and then your dad was able to come in and we were going to get started!
It seemed like a mere two minutes later that I heard my doctor say "Wow, she has a lot of black hair!" and then to have her hold you up above the blue drape for me to see you! It's amazing how fast it all happens! You sure did have a lot of black hair and to us, you looked just like your big brother, you were such a pretty baby! Dad went to be with you while you were weighed and measured and I was so surprised at how much you weighed! You were my biggest baby and you were also my first baby to go straight to the well-baby nursery (and not to NICU)! Way to go!
Grandma and Grandpa were home with Deacon and Scarlett and soon were able to come and see their new granddaughter. We were so lucky to have them here. Later that night, your crazy brother and sister came to meet you and they were so excited to finally meet their "tiny baby Lulu"! They still love you so much and always want to hold you, kiss you, pat your cheek and play with your hair. You are going to have so much fun with them when you are just a little bit older!
Now you are nearly two weeks old and you are such a sweetheart and beautiful girl. You love to be held and talked to, you love having a bath, you love your Soothie, you sleep and eat well and are just a delight. You complete our family and you make me feel like the luckiest mom in the whole world!
Love,
Mom
8 comments:
:-D
This post TOTALLY makes me smile. What an angel!
Congratulations on such an easy, breezy birth! Kind of surreal for me to think of, but maybe I'll have one someday!
She is perfect, your kids are all so gorgeous! And I'm sure they are all going to enjoy each other's company sooner than you think!
Congrats again on this beautiful new addition!
Lucky mom but three lucky kids to have a mom like you :). Love you guys, Shana
What a doll she is!!! You have an adorable family. I love you all tons! Love Aunt Lisa
So sweet, Lindsey! I love the cute new background, the cute new pics of your kids, and that cute new baby of yours!
We are a lucky family that's for sure. The picture of Lucia is so darling and the new one's of Deacon and Scarlett are perfect represenations of their personalitites. Love you all!
Congrats Lindsey. She is beautifula and I love her name.
Congratulations on your beautiful new doll. She is so precious to us and we wish we could hold her. One of these days. Lindsey and Brian, you are such great parents. Your three little ones are fortunate to have you. We are proud of our Voltolini family. Have fun and enjoy every minute with those three great little ones. Love always, Grams
Post a Comment