Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wise Words for Your Wednesday

Since we have lived here I have always found one thing very humorous.  Churches that have marquee's always like to put some witty saying up.  I'm sure they are very uplifting to some people, but to me, well, I just roll my eyes and chuckle.  

They change their sayings weekly so if you're lucky I might do a weekly post just so you can have an enlightening Wednesday.

So, without further ado, here is the first installment of 
Wednesday's Wise Words:

Wow.  Teacher of the Year?  
That's it?  Just one year? 
 I was thinking along the lines of the honor of Teacher of the Decade at least...maybe even Century.  
All I can say is whoever wins next year has some pretty big shoes to fill!!
Oh, and is the award going to be given out at Al'z Place?  Because I will surely be there!

14 comments:

Kate said...

Awesome.

Yes - you should do these weekly for sure! I love it.

Brimley Girl said...

Just remember...seven days without prayer makes one weak. Love ya, Mom

jayne wells said...

I am cracking up! That is hillarious Linds. Sher's comment is also awesome. Thanks for making me laugh. Also, love the politics one--tee-hee 2 men!
LOVE Scarlett in the gators cheerleader outfit. Look at those eyes! Are you coming out in October?? Love your guts!
Jayne

Anonymous said...

Umm, you didn't even think my comment was funny about the man who had the baby I guess.

Sorry you had a headache last night. Hope you feel better today.

Did you know I am anemic? Ugh, it's the curse of the Brimley girls I guess. I'm damn mad about it. Oh well, there are worse things for sure but it just makes me mad.

I thought I was the teacher of the year. Or Grandpa. Oh yeah, he was woman of the year.

That photo of Scarlett is spectacular. Love you all, Shana

Lindsey said...

Shan, I totally thought your comment was funny - you just can't hear me laughing all the way over there in SLC! I love that man that had a baby, in fact I love them so much I'm going to pay $53,000 to clone him and name him Booger.

Oh, damnit, that Booger story makes me laugh so hard every dang time...

Anonymous said...

Laughing out loud for reals!!! How's the weather? Stupid hurricanes!

l.g. mcfifi said...

I work with your mom and she was telling me about your cute blog- I love the cute stories about Deacon and Scarlett- they are so cute! I love the picture of them in the tub

Brimley Girl said...

Shana...anemia is the curse of the Brimley girls. And no you were not "Teacher of the Year" you were "Elementary School Volunteer of the Decade" that might even be better.

I did think your comment about the pregnant man/girl was hysterically funny.

Thanks Linds for letting me use your blog space to talk to Shana.

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for the award! That is better! hahahahahaha


Booger


Shana

Lindsey said...

AUGH! Stop saying Booger in there. That is the WORST word/name ever!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Man, I feel out of the loop 'cause I haven't checked any blogs lately. What a clever, funny family I have!:)That was a darn funny political video.
I think its awesome that Deacon pulled the fire alarm at Lutheran preschool! He's so doggone cute!
I do hope to see some more church bullitens. They are hilarious! Seven days without prayer and anemia makes one weak. :)

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Hahahah!!!! Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah...that last anemic anonymous was me, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Booger