Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fay Day

So Fay came & delivered.  She dumped at least six inches of rain on us.  On the day that they eye of the storm was upon Gainesville, it was a thursday and every thing was closed; schools, stores, etc.  We couldn't go anywhere because the Governor said "don't go anywhere".  It was so not fun to be housebound.  I am no longer afraid of tropical storms/hurricanes hitting us - I am afraid that I might go stir-crazy in my house.


Deacon and I were getting so claustrophobic that I let him go outside when the rain was light. Poor kid, all he wanted to do was play a little golf!!  Look at that swing!

On a side note, that "pond" on the other side of our fence is what is called a rain reserve.  Every subdivision here has one so that neighborhoods don't flood.  Before the storm, it was totally dry.  As of today it is still overflowing!  But, from what I hear the storms aren't over.  'Gustav' and 'Hannah' are on their way!

3 comments:

Brimley Girl said...

Everything there is so green. Deacon has great form. I'm glad you obeyed the Governor. He knows what he's talkin' about. Love ya, Mom

Kate said...

I'm glad it wasn't too bad. We had those storm ponds by my house in Lindon, and they always had ducks living in them. Until one day, animal control came and SHOT the DUCKS while all the elementary school kids watched from their bus stop! It was quite a scandal. Wow, I really took a trip to tangent-land there!

Anyway, Deacon looks so cute playing in the rain. And I hope you don't go nuts during the next couple of storms!

Unknown said...

Wow! I will be interested to hear more about the storms as they come through.