Friday, May 9, 2008

Summertime [and] Phobias

Here's how I know it's summertime in Florida:


I'm playing cars with Deacon by our back window when I see something out of the corner of my eye.

Who does this Black Racer think he is?  Coming up on my back patio like that?


That little bastard!  I say to myself and run and get my camera.  


I know, I know!  I shouldn't swear, especially on my blog. Don't judge.  I hate snakes, and do not want them 4 feet from my back door.

I completely suffer from Ophidiophobia



How about you?

(P.S.  After I posted this, my brother said it was a "wussy snake" because it looked small.  In actuality?  It's over 4 ft. easy!)


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That snake is SO wussy. I have shoelaces bigger than that wuss! "just go out there and make some noise and scare it off if you are that affraid of it" is what I tell her on the phone. Man, a wussy snake for a wussy sister! Just kidding, love ya! - Russ

Karen said...

I totally don't blame you! I freakin' hate snakes too!!! How did you get rid of it???

Lindsey said...

I got rid of it by throwing ice cubes at it. That's how I get rid of all unwanted critters!! ;)

Kate said...

You are very brave. After the "little bastard" thought - how can you NOT swear in that situation? - I would have grabbed my kids and gone inside. And not gone back out, ever. Snakes totally creep me out.

Sheryl said...

Linds, I know we've talked about this...but can't you just try to see the "beauty" in the black racer? I know...me either! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thems some long shoe laces little brother.

P.S. Those are some awesome photos of the kids! What dolls! Love Shana

Paulina... said...

Happy mothers day... i hope your babies(brian) gave you something good for mothers day, Luis Carlos(Derik) did!!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! I would never have thought to throw ice cubes at it. I am surprised that got rid of it. I'm just glad the only snake I have ever seen in my yard are about 4 inches long. I'm brave around a snake unless I have to physically touch it. Then it really gives me the heebie jeebies. Happy Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

In truth, I think Russ would be pretty freaked out if a snake like that were to surprise him in is apartment. :)It would scare the hell out of me.
Aunt Lisa

Katy said...

Crazy. For the longest time I couldn't see the snake and I kept thinking you were mistaken and thought the garden hose was the snake. Now that is wussy. Well I'm excited to see you but keep me away from those bastard snakes. I hire BYU students to take care of the live animals at the Bean so I don't have to. Check out this story that happened to one of my students.

Wow, long comment. I guess I feel strongly about snakes too.