Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tuckered Out & Test Results

This is how Deacon fell asleep for his nap yesterday.  He was in the middle of watching
 the so-bad-it's-funny show "Yo Gabba Gabba!" when he nodded off.  Unfortunately, he fell asleep before learning the lesson of the show, which was "Don't Bite Your Friends".  That's a pretty important lesson.















On another note, I got a call from Deacon's pediatrician yesterday with the results of his blood test that he had done at his 2-year check up.  I was informed that he is
 allergic to Milk, Dairy, Casein & Whey.  
Poor guy!  So, I am going to have to be very aware of ingredient lists from now on and hopefully everything will be ok.  We went to the health food store last night and got him some gluten free foods and some rice milk, and some other treats so we'll see how he likes that!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that's a "Grandpa Brimley" if I've ever seen one. He still sleeps like that!! Love the pics, I just need to hug those little ones. I sure hope the health food stuff helps Deacon. I don't like that he's allergic to anything, let alone yummy dairy. Love you guys, Mom

Anonymous said...

That is Grandpa Vern! What a darling picture and boy!
Love you, LIsa

Anonymous said...

I just had a flashback! I had a little cute chair like Deacon's but it was plastic/inflatable. I remember sitting in it and sewing (I used to be domestic) and taking my needle and sticking it in the arm (you know how you do sometimes if you're in an armchair) and that was the end of my inflatable chair!

What a darling little guy! I hope the new food helps him feel a lot better!! Allergies suck. My friend Katie Olson told me that her son Jake was a new man after they found out about his celiac disease and took him off glutin (sp?). Love you all! Shana

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

SOOOO sorry to hear about the allergies. Is that something that he'll outgrow? I sure hope so.

On a lighter note, you should check out my sister-in-law's November posts (www.konold.blogspot.com). Her sister dressed up as Yo Gabba Gabba for Halloween - freakin' hilarious. The first time that I saw that show, I swore that my kids would never watch it again. But now I just laugh the whole time. I especially love the "I like to dance!" kids. And "Don't bite your friends" happens to be one of my favorite episode. :)

Paulina... said...

I really hope that he can outgrow those allergies..my cousin ale did...she was allergic to milk and now she isnt... You know I think Luis Carlos and Deacon look like they are relatives :) Scarlett is sooo cute How is she sleeping? Are you breastfeeding? I cant believe she is only 4 months younger than Luis Carlos I bet you they will be friends. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, was that test result a shocker? Maybe that's where the eczema was coming from?! I hope you have luck with this new diet...Yikes! Wish I could sleep like that! Aunt Christy

DIGIARTPAU said...

Ohh you should take both scarlett and deacon to gymboree its sooo cool... go here http://www.gymboreeclasses.com/b2c/customer/home.jsp

Unknown said...

Allergies stink. My kids all have them in some form. We have struggled with eczema for years. This summer my oldest got bitten by some random insect. His feet swelled up huge and he had to go on an antibiotic. Then the next week it happened to his eyes. Sorry about little Deacon. I feel for you.

Derik said...

Happy Birthday!!! hope you had a great day and that things go well with Deacon.

-Derik & Paulina & Luis-Carlos