We are going through
a new Phase.
Deacon is getting his molars. 2 on top are in, and 2 on bottom are coming. I think it is safe to say that they hurt him. He is fussy. He won't eat. He won't sleep.
He won't let you take him near his crib.
I remember back in the good 'ole days (about 4 days ago) where we could plop him in his crib with his bottle and he'd fall right asleep for his nap or for bedtime. Now? Now he screams his head off. He hasn't had a nap for 2 days.
We have tried everything for his teeth....
*Motrin
*Benadryl (for sleep)
*Humphrey's All-Natural Teething Tablets
*Ambesol Nite-Time
*Baby Orajel
*Crushed ice/ice water/popcicles
*Damp washcloths to chew
*Whiskey (OK not really, but if nothing else works...)
If you have any secrets or tips, please let me know.
11 comments:
Darnet...poor little guy. I don't have any other ideas, I think some of the ones you listed were mine, not the whiskey one though. I think I know how you both feel. You'll get thru this, you are a great mom and have great motherly instincts. Deacon adores you. Just sleep when you can and don't worry about the small stuff. Love you all...Mom
Deacon looks just like Atticus in that picture! Shoot...I'm sorry he isn't feeling well. Atticus has cankers in his mouth. He has 2 very big obvious ones on his tounge (sp?) and some on his inside cheeks. Its so hard to see them miserable. That picture is so cute, but so sad. Would popsicles feel good? So, even after he has Motrin he doesn't feel well enough to lay down with a bottle? So, you are both miserable. All I can say is that it will pass. :( Sorry Deacie (sp?)
Tongue! Also...the ( before Deacie is supposed to be part of a face like this :(
Oh my gosh, Lindsey! Just when I thought I had it all figured out with naptimes. Poor little guy. I am selfishly glad that you're going through these "Phases" first so I can learn from your wisdom! Hang in there!!!
Love ya!
Lindsey, are you the blog administrator?? How's Deke doing today? I hope he's doing better. Love you, Mom
I am the blog administrator, and I just deleted that comment because it was a "double".
Deke is doing better teeth-wise. They have all broken through. But he still screams when you put him in his crib. He no likey.
And, I can't believe that about Atti....that is HORRIBLE.
Atti, Deke, Pars and Haze...those are awesome names. What will we call Jones for short? I guess when we meet him, someone will figure it out. Sher
Well if his middle name is David, I'm going to call him JD.
I love JD, that is so cute.
Sher
Baby Tylenol always worked for Hayden. But sometimes you just gotta let em cry it out! :-(
Wish I could give him a hug! Teething is the worst-good luck!
Auntie Christy
Post a Comment