Wednesday, March 21, 2007

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

The Last Stop: THE WHITE HOUSE

Finally! The moment we'd been waiting for! I was as giddy as I have ever been in my life to finally get there. I was expecting The White House to be a house all alone on acres of land out where everyone could see it. Boy was I wrong. The House is right in the middle of the block, tucked in between bigger buildings which was strange. After waiting what seemed like an eternity going through security we entered the grounds and went through even more security before entering. We first toured the main level where we saw beautiful, beautiful rooms such as The State Dining Room, The China Room (as in china plates, not the country even though the room IS red), The Green Room, The Recreation Room (as dubbed by JFK and where the then-naughty Bush girls had their Prom) just to name a few. Every room in the house had the most beautiful floral arrangements I have ever seen and it was so clean. The floors were so clean that all the women-folk kept sliding in their heels! Here are some photos:




























































































That's me and Bill! I love him!

No comments: