Well I'm back! After a wonderful week in Arizona and an awful week with my little family sick with the stomach flu and bad colds....I am back, and am pleased to share with you some highlights of our trip and National Championship!!
We arrived at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort after a long day of air traveling. About 4 hours longer than it should have taken due to the mis-management of luggage placement on the planes. Deacon was very well behaved and made his parents so proud that he was the best kid on the plane. We had quite an awakening when we got to our hotel room as a rambunctious Boise State fan that was staying in our room prior to us had left the gas on to the fireplace and our whole room smelled terrible. Seriously! Who needs a fire in Scottsdale! It's hot already! But a good day and a half of "airing out" and it was fine.
One of the great things about going to a Bowl Game is Bowl Gifts. When you go to a BCS Bowl especially you are treated like Royalty. Every morning you get a new gift. You are so spoiled you actually look forward to the next morning to see what you get. Some of the awesome gifts we got this year were: A Handycam and a Helix Satellite Radio/MP3 Player!
Quite the contrary to what we got at the Emerald Bowl last year which was a backpack and a can of almonds, huh?
It was wonderful to have my Dad, Mom, Russ, Andy and Paige come out to the game. We had so much fun and it was great to see them. What's great is that it doesn't matter how long we haven't seen eachother, when we all get together it seems as though no time has passed at all. Deacon especially took to all of them and was happy to have so many people to play with.
The day before the game there was a big Pep Rally in Old Scottsdale that we all went to. It was pretty crazy. There were so many fans there! The band, cheerleaders, etc. were there and Shelley Meyer spoke for a few minutes and introduced all the wives and families.
Then, there was game day. We were all so freaking excited. I was having major anxiety about getting there on time, I thought we needed to leave like, 5 hours before kick-off. I was also nervous about leaving Deacon with the babysitter for that long as I have never left him that long before (he did splendid, of course!). When we got to the brand new U of Phoenix stadium it was crazy. The stadium looks like a big silver spaceship and fans were already everywhere. We of course encountered many-a Ohio State fan and found them to be major arrogant rednecks. I'm sorry but it's true.
There is so much that I can say about the actual game. I have never been so excited in my life about a game before. Brian was filming on the sidelines and it was so cool to see him down there. It was so loud and the Gator fans showed up even though we were totally outnumbered. Mom, Andy and Paige also quickly learned the Gator Chomp, songs and cheers and soon were true Gators. I am so proud and happy for the football players, the Coaches and their families and especially for Brian. It was an awesome experience.
1 month ago
8 comments:
Lindsey....You're back! It is so fun to see the photos. I can feel how much fun you were having and the excitement. Those shots at the end of the game and the score were awesome. Jed said he saw Brian on the sidelines!! He would notice a guy with a camera!
Shana is on her way down here right now, so I will show her your blog and her cute daughter.
Actually, we are putting together a "giftage" box for you guys today for "some peoples" birthdays and for Valentines Day. But, after reading about the gifts you got at the Bowl game....I don't know, ours are going to look pretty pathetic. But, ours love you guys more.
The photos were great and so fun to see all of you. Deacon is such a doll. I'm glad you had so much fun.
I did and do feel like Paige is my sister! I miss her!
Linds, I miss you so much and you are basically my older sister for sure! I miss everyone and had such a great time! Thanks again for takin such good care of me, except for one thing..sher, those doughnuts were really sick...but other then that!!! Just kidding of course...I love you guys! Oh, and Linds...I want to come visit you in Florida...hopefully I'll be able to come down!
Yeah we all pretty much lucked OUT in the food department out there didn't we?
Mmmm.....Sweeeeet Tomatoes
personally, I am sad that I didn't get to try that warmed water, or get a bite of the clump of noodles...maybe next time I go to sweet tomatoes
You guys are the best. I love the photos. We'll have to send ours to you but I don't know how to do that. Paige had the greatest time! Lindsey, I mailed the package today. Watch for it in 7-8 days. There are some pretty valuable coupons in there that are almost as cool as the ones you got in Arizona so make sure you are home to receive the package!
Yes, your gifts from the bowl game have got nothing on us! We had to take out a second mortgage on Shana's house to insure the package. Shana was a little concerned about doing that, but what a sport she was in the end.
'hope it gets there soon. We'll need a tracer on it, for sure if it doesn't. :)
That was the best game ever. We were so proud of you guys down there. Way to go Brian and Gators!
Post a Comment