Monday, May 29, 2006

Gator Country

Welcome everyone to our new blog! I thought now would be an ideal time to start one being since we are miles and miles away... This way I can post, and you can know what is going on with your Gator family.

Well, Deacon and I arrived in Gainesville (with the much appreciated help from my Mother) last Wednesday after a hellish flight with a young'un. What a beautiful city! We describe it as a mix between Oregon, California and Hawaii...with huge pine trees and palm trees and a fragrance and humidity in the air like Hawaii. Our new house is darling and I have been having so much fun decorating it. It is a perfect size and is perfect for our family. Our backyard is beautiful. We have a rainwater reserve, and a grassy field and big trees that give good shade, with two swings hanging from high branches.

The wildlife here is something that will take me time to get used to. The lizards still make me jump with anxiety when I see them or startle me when they move. They are really cute and very small but I'm still not used to them. They do this strange bounce, and I don't know if it's to attract female lizards or what, and their necks bubble. There are squirrels in the trees along with fun and pretty birds, I saw a beautiful Cardinal early this morning!! There are frogs that make so much noise at night...and we have those to put us to sleep instead of crickets. And lastly...there are snakes. Big, black ones. They say they are harmless (of course) but I don't know. Needless to say, when I walk out on my porch I am scared to death and have eyes like a hawk looking for creatures.

Brian is enjoying his job but is very, very busy. He took us to The Swamp the other day and I showed Deacon where the Gators play. It was so big that it was almost overwhelming. The stadium has an Old School feeling to it, but it is awesome, and is packed with tradition with the SEC bushes in the end zone and I can't wait to go to the first game! There is a fun bookstore there and we got Deacon a Gator romper, a garbage can and a Gator nightlight for his room.

I have been feeling pretty good. I have been really achey with the fibro, but as Carly Simon (or whoever) said, "I haven't got time for the pain". Plus, it's nothing a little Lortab won't take care of...tee hee.

Deacon is doing great and is getting so big and chubby. He is so happy and smiles all the time. He is now laughing a lot too. He would laugh all the time for Grandma Sheryl and is very ticklish and laughs when you take his clothes off or put clothes on him. He loves going for walks in the stroller, Baby Einstein, TubbyTime, and standing up...he never wants to be in the sitting position.

We miss you all and love you all very much. We would love for you all to come and visit when you can and feel free to stay with us...this is an open invitation! Bye for now!!

2 comments:

jayne wells said...

I'll be comin'! We miss you already but it sounds like you live in a pretty awesome place! As soon as I get a little money, I"ll be there! Parley and Deacon don't like to sit down because their tummies hang over their pants too much!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Haha, since when does mom say 'tee hee'? oh well.. I like the blog sis, its pretty awesome, I particularly like the 'ID onesie' (or how ever it is you spell it..) I think thats a great idea and is something that only you could come up with, lol.. Hey! you need to send me more gators stuff, I only have 2 tee shirts and a sweat shirt, where's the hat?! oh well.. you guys have given me plenty.. I'm stoked for thanksgiving and am way excited to see you! Talk to you later and have a great time in Gator country! -Andy T. (or Vern)