Our First Stop: THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL
The Lincoln Memorial was our first site of DC. We noticed that surrounding the rooftop, each state was represented and that each pillar on the memorial represented the 48 states. However, Alaska and Hawaii had a plaque on the entryway. The statue of Lincoln is enormous when you get up close, and on the wall to the left there is the Gettysburg Address, which covers the entire wall.
2 comments:
What an experience but I know what you mean about going there again. You need to plan about a week of sight seeing in DC and surrounding areas. I was so impressed with the Lincoln Memorial - we took a bus tour at night and got to see it - it was awesome. I loved your pictures - they are very good. I see what you mean about the war memorial - it would make me cry too.
Well we are off to Calif in the morning -keep your fingers crossed for Sadie and her team. Will talk to you when we get back.
By the way - you and Brian look so great.
Love ya, Gram
Lindsey
I am so happy that you and Brian had a day off together..with the best baby sitter ever....and that your day off happened to be in DC!I can just imagine how excited you were about everything. What an awesome day. Good on ya both.
Love you, Lisa
Post a Comment